I joined my church choir, but now I want to quit. Help?

I wanted to join my church choir, because I thought it would help me overcome shyness and gain confidence, because I like to sing and everyone says I can. But I've been in it for two days so far and I am almost deaf. But I don't want to quit because they threw a whole ceremony for me joining and made it a... show more I wanted to join my church choir, because I thought it would help me overcome shyness and gain confidence, because I like to sing and everyone says I can. But I've been in it for two days so far and I am almost deaf. But I don't want to quit because they threw a whole ceremony for me joining and made it a big thing and my mother says I have a commitment now. But I am deaf and I don't think I'll be able to take it anymore... any advice?

I also have noticed that I did gain a little bit more confidence, but I don't think it's worth my hearing.