8 teens being tried as adults whats your take?

The 8 teens that beat up the 16 year old are being tried as adults. I completely agree with this. The parents however of the 8 teens think the judge is blowing it way out of porportion by trying them as adults. They say what there kids did is basically child and teen mentality My theory is if 8 teens can get together and plan to kidnapp and visously attack and tape a 16 year old getting beat up, then that right there adult mentality and a good reason for them to be tried and charged as adults.

What do you think?

This is DEFINATLY going to trail. There will be no plea bargen because that would be stupid. They have screwed up this girl for life and the whole world knows it. They will get hard time for this. It would be a slap in the face to the victim if they get a plea bargin which is obvious will not happen. Too many people are so upset with these teens. Every news broadcast I have seen they all speak out and say bad things about these teens that did this.

Also the charges these teens are facing as adults, they will be getting more than 20 for them. 2 are felonies those are at least 10-20 each minimum, and the kidnapping is about 25-life.

• Kalila
    Favorite Answer

I agree that they should, what they did was horrible they deserve to be severely punished

I am sorry to say that there is real Nazi science mind control going on. I do not support violence. The gangs are programed. The Mormon children in Texas might welll be programed. This is very complex. Children were trained as soldiers in Africa. My hair dresser had to carry guns for Uncle Ho in Nam. Children fight in the Middle East. This makes me very sad. The boys should be tried as adults. The prison system is not really going to rehab. They will only become worse criminals. The system increases the skill levels. The courts are far from Christ on His throne. There is no justice for the victim or the perpetrator. The court system is tainted yet again with a high profile case. There must be control. There must be a way for handling so much anger. We have the system we have to limit these passions so that there are no lynchings and riots. This will stop the girls parents from being murderers. The boys need to be out of the general population for there own protection as well as the safety of the public. There is really a subversive force behind the developement of the anger and rage of the boys. All of the gangs do not just happen. They are cultivated.

OK, I agree that they should go to jail, be tried as adults.. what have you, like everyone else, that video discusses me too, HOWEVER....My 18 year old nephew AND his girlfriend were SET UP and attacked by 12 boys, ages 16-20, (some initiation thing- pre planned when she called them and wanted them to meet her boyfriend), 2 blacks, and 10 whites, hit him with shovels, bats, and broke bottles on him, and one guy held a knife to his throat, cut it slightly, and asked if he was ready to die.... she grabbed the knife(getting cut too) and threw it in to the woods...was screaming for them to stop and got ontop of him to protect him, so they beat her too, 30 mins or more, this went on and none of the 16 people there tried to stop it. And they were her "friends" from her ex- school...she was introducing him to her friends and they were having a party.... when he arrived they all met him and shook hands. (There were a few of her girl friends there, but this was the next town over) Then as they were walking to the back yard by the bon fire, boom, the attack started, blindsided him, and took him over...Needless to say, they escaped, being chased, but got away,went to the police station then the hospital where he had stitches and bruises and a broke rib from them all kicking him.. No video though. This was 6 months ago... NO ARRESTS have been made, even though the cops have the names and addresses of these boys..pictures of the injuries. NO ONE is in jail for this! Their (16 people)word against 2! She even called the city hall and threatened to go to the paper about it... but still... nothing! These boys he'd never met, and he's a nice kid. BUT... He is NOT traumatized by this, as he has fought with kids before, (He's not a fighter, but here, boys that age do get into fights, especially if someone does one of their friends wrong, steal girlfriends, what have you... it happens EVERYWHERE and has since I was in school 20 years ago.... I have seen fights when I was in school, it is not uncommon at all! They are pissed and yes, those boys are now scared... (He has an older brother and LOTS of friends..who have scared the crap put of these boys.... But no arrests made to date.... I feel sorry for Victoria, SHe was just lucky they did tape it!

But I believe the trauma won't come from the fighting, but from the video and the fact that EVERYONE saw it...... I think she will be fine, she has support from all over the world, check out her myspace pages,,,, she actually is benefiting from this. BUT I do agree, those girls should pay dearly!

• YSIC

I completely agree with you! That was a very ADULT thing to do - luring her to the home under false pretences, everyone took a turn attacking her, there were "lookout" people and everything. There's nothing in the world that she could have done to this group of people that was bad enough to warrant that.

If tried as juveniles, they get a slap on the wrist and their records are cleared when they turn 18. Where is the justice in that?! What about the young lady who will have to live with hearing and vision damage for the rest of her life? People who argue that "they're just teens" make me sick. They'd be singing a different tune if it was their child.

• ?

Since the crime was pre meditated & meant to cause physical & emotional harm, not to mention the injuries sustained to the poor girl: they should be tried as adults. They could have killed her by accident then they even told her they'd beat her up WORSE if she talked. NO!!! Conspiracy, premeditation, kidnapping, aggravated assault: I'm with you. They also didn't think about the consequences like so many others haven't & have shown no remorse.

I Do however think life in prison is too harsh. I would give them each 20 years with maybe parole in 10 for good behavior. This "fad" of taping beatings just to be famous has gotten WAY out of hand & has to stop!!!

• 11UN

This is coming from a teenager. Yes I totally agree that they should be trialed as adults. 8 teeangers on one!? Teenage mentality?! You dont see every single teenager going round kicking each others heads in. Hopefully they'll get jailed. Get idiots off the streets

I agree. I think overall we take a very relaxed attitude towards teens. We don't want to think they are adults and can handle or be in adult situations. Think about the controversies over teaching sex ed. to kids in high school? I think high school kids should have the kiddy gloves taken off. If you commit an adult crime face the adult punishment.

Totally and absolutely right! But, just wait until those parents get hold of a human rights lawyer, this will be thrown out and the poor soul who was beaten up will be forever victimised! Those parents want horse-whipping never mind their revolting offspring!

try them as adults if they commit a crime as adults. they acted together to plan a carry out a viscous crime. their parents will of course prefer to have them tried as juveniles because that will lighten their sentences if convicted.

unfortunately, i don't think the crimes are over yet. if they get out of the punishment they deserve because of some fancy lawyer tricks, then another crime will have been committed. and that would be too sad for words.

• RoVale

It's only fair. The lone legal adult in this group has to get his face and name splattered all over the media while the others get their faces blurred and names withheld. He shouldn't suffer a worse punishment than the others simply because he is not a juvenile. He wasn't one of the main participants and as far as I know, didn't actually hit the girl. He just acted as a lookout.

i think you are absolutely right,it was planned,pre-meditated,pre-arranged,and callously taped for gratuitous entertainment,they should have the book thrown at them,and be punished to the full extent of the law,no leniancy, as they showed non to their victim.also they are not children,they knew exactly what they were doing,the only bit they didnt anticipate, was getting caught and punished.