What scriptural references lead one to believe that ONLY BELIEF is necessary for Salvation?

I would just like to say that I am a Christian and I have always believed that Baptism is necessary to become a Christian. I am not going to use this information to put anyone's beliefs down. I do not believe that is a Christian thing to do. I am very accepting of other's beliefs and yet, I would like to... show more I would just like to say that I am a Christian and I have always believed that Baptism is necessary to become a Christian. I am not going to use this information to put anyone's beliefs down. I do not believe that is a Christian thing to do. I am very accepting of other's beliefs and yet, I would like to study the scriptural references fully to see why people believe this.

PLEASE DO NOT be rude to others on this topic. I always read and study every person's answer and try my best to write each person a note and personally thank them for their time and answers. Have a wonderful week!
Your Friend,
Eds

.
Update: Mobius, You say there is no requirement of baptism but I find a few that seem to point to it's importance: Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days. Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be... show more Mobius,
You say there is no requirement of baptism but I find a few that seem to point to it's importance:
Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
1 Peter 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves us--baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Thank You...
_________
Update 2: Radio,
I sent you an email please add details to your answer in response if you will!
Thanks...
______
Update 3: MY FRIENDS, I do not necessarily agree with some of these answers but that does not mean that I will ever give a thumbs down. What a person believes is their right in my opinion. I read and study the BIBLE each and every day that I am able to do so and have for several years now. Please refrain from hurting... show more MY FRIENDS,
I do not necessarily agree with some of these answers but that does not mean that I will ever give a thumbs down. What a person believes is their right in my opinion. I read and study the BIBLE each and every day that I am able to do so and have for several years now. Please refrain from hurting others when it is not necessary! As a Christian we are supposed to "Love our neighbors" according to CHRIST. HE is the one who we should be listening to the most.
Thank You
________