Last name change?

I married a wonderful man a while back, in a sweet small ceremony at the base Chapel. I happen to be active duty military. I'm also not changing my last name. What the heck do i say to people who ask when i'm getting my name changed? When i say i'm not getting it changed, it inevitably leads to... show more I married a wonderful man a while back, in a sweet small ceremony at the base Chapel. I happen to be active duty military. I'm also not changing my last name.
What the heck do i say to people who ask when i'm getting my name changed? When i say i'm not getting it changed, it inevitably leads to "WHY?" (insert shocked look here) Isn't it incredible sexist to just ASSUME that i'm going to alter my identity just because i got married?
Update: alvin, i'm not keeping my last name to make a "statement", i'm keeping it because it's on all my uniforms, my credit cards, my medical records and my id's. i keeping my last name because it's practical.
Update 2: to everyone who asked the "what about the children?" portion of it- we aren't having children