In episode 25 of Death Note, did L know?

why and how he was going to die?

Let me explain- In episode 21, when Misa shows the squad Higuchi's confession, it often showed L analyzing and thinking, which leads me to believe that L knows that Misa must have had to do something to gained Higuchi's trust, thus realizing she must be the second kira (again) further proof is L talking to Light about a third party, and forgetting that one was Kira. Now, in episode 24 when L sees Rem, he realizes that Rem must have helped Misa. Now in episode 25, when the killings begin again, L talks of catching the Kira that's doing it, and realizes that Rem will kill him, leading to all the parts of the episode hinting towards L knowing his upcoming death. (Bells ringing, telling Light how lonely it will be since their "parting ways", the precautions told to Watari, etc.)

READ THIS FIRST! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN EPISODE 25 OF DEATH NOTE, DO NOT READ THE QUESTION, MAJOR SPOILERS!

Did he know that Rem was the one who was going to kill him and Watari? Did he know WHY Rem was going to kill him and Watari?

Those are the questions I want answers for, thanks for all the great answers so far, you guys rock! :)

R.I.P. L

I cried. :(

Favorite Answer

L defintiely knew by the start of 25 the Light was Kira, Misa was Kira2, and that he was going to die soon regardless of what he did, unless he stalled out the investigation completely. I don't know if he ever was certain that Rem was helping Misa in particular, but by the time he was done asking questions about the torn page of the book, it would have been clear that Rem did not care to help L in the least, and was likely helping either Light or Misa actively. He probably regretted letting Rem into the task force HQ by then as well.

Ultimately, the problem was a lack of hard evidence. Everything he had was circumstancial. And with the fake "13 days" rule in the notebook, he had to prove it was false somehow to prove that Light and Misa could still be Kira. He couldn't do it himself, because then Misa and probably Rem could schedule his death 13 days later, thanks to the eyes. It had to be someone Light, Misa, and Rem could not possibly meet or track down in that 13 day period, thus the foreign prisoner. At this point, Light and Misa are basically trapped, as proving that rule false will strongly implicate them to the rest of the team (what other reason could there be for such a false rule, as it would not help anyone but them?). L already knows Light can't kill him without his name. Misa probably can, but hasn't for some reason before. And Rem's a bit of a wildcard in this, as there isn't any reason (from L's perspective) why Rem wouldn't have already killed the entire task force (besides Light) already if she was indeed helping Light and/or Misa.

I feel that L basically commited indirect suicide here to get something close to hard evidence against Light for someone else to pick up on. I wouldn't be surprised if L was surprised by this point that more members of the task force hadn't been killed already.

Death Note Episode 25

Yes, I feel that L knew.

I mean, L gave off this vibe that kind of hung thick --> to me it seemed as if L knew all along that eventually he would die at the hands of Kira, however I don't think he could have realized how true that was going to be.

I'm sure that L still suspected Light and Misa, even if it was 1% -- since as he stated, 1% was still not 0% :)

>> However, he also did trust them, maybe against his better judgement, but he just wanted friends and he might have thought that sticking close to them might give him some proof to whether they were Kira or not...

Anyways, I'm sure L knew he was going to die, but when and where -- I don't think so. I was very surprised and sad when L died, he was such an awesome character and I always thought that he would bring Light to justice.... =(

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why and how he was going to die?

Let me explain- In episode 21, when Misa shows the squad Higuchi's confession, it often showed L analyzing and thinking, which leads me to believe that L knows that Misa must have had to do something to gained Higuchi's trust, thus realizing she must be...

Source(s): episode 25 death note know: https://biturl.im/re2bh

Yes he knew. But like the others have said the when I would say definetly not. He knew something was going to happen when the shinigami named Rem disappeared. There were precursors to his death. He always knew Light and Misa were Kira, the only thing that messed up his theory was the 13 day rule about writing in names. I would like to think before his death he knew that rule is fake but I am not sure. He always suspected Light and Misa were the culprits even when he said he released Light from his confinement he had this feeling Light was guilty,

• i think at this point he begins to realize that some how along the way he made a miscalculation some were and that light got the upper hand and by the beginning of 25 ..he is certian..but there is nothing he can do about it but wait...it's so sad ..it's like light is the only one to ever understand him and he likes him ....and when they're drying each other ..like L is saying good bye

Yeah probably. He's really smart and it makes sense he could have. Plus I think he knew that Light hated L even though L thought of him as a friend.

I have finished the series, so I can answer this with confidence. L in fact did know. In the next episode, they will have L narrating the beginning of the episode. And he shows ALL of the evidence that points to the REAL KIRA and 2ND KIRA!!!!!!!

____________

[edit]

but he doesn't solve the case, because he IS already dead. But, at least he died knowing who the real kira was.

^_^

Source(s): My knowledge of Death Note is almost infinite. lol.

yes he knew he was about to die...he had told watari what to do if something happened to them...also he had left a message behind for near and mello i think...at that orphanage...so that they might catch Kira if he died....so yes...plus when talking to Light in the rain, he said he heard church bells...he knew his end was near

I think he knew he was gonna die since the whole parting way thing.

But it was really sad the way his eyes were when he was looking at Light before he died.