Has anybody seen this virus threat?

Subject: VIRUS THREAT

Subject: Please read Important

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:16:32 +0000

This is very true !!!!

Hi All, I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus! I checked Snopes (URL above:), and it is for real!! Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled "POSTCARD," regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called" POSTCARD," even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it

do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee ye sterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept

This was sent to me by a reliable friend. can you pass it on to all your contacts?

better to be safe than sorry

• ?
    Favorite Answer

It's real:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.Asp

but will only affect old systems that haven't been updated.

2

Source(s): Industry Top Antivirus Software - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?JkhY

Cheers for that Val.

I did get a warning about a virus that does the same if you open it, its one of Bin Laden.

Nice one norton is a virus i wouldn't touch norton with a bargepoll mate.

Cheer's val

hmmm never had any on msn it's usually yahoo messenger that usualy happens with

Thanks.

Hope it's not as virilant as the 'Reporter Virus' that destroys a lot of my questions on here.

cheers val

• Andrew

Sorry Val, what's your question?

I think I might have read about this before. Thanks for the heads up. I have not gotten it, but I will send it to everyone. Thanks.