Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Don't you think that by preaching "bitterness", you've taken away "hope"?

Best Answer

Absolutely.

You've taken away hope when there is no faith. Bitterness is preached everyday unfortunately and by many people (Obama is pitiful!) but with faith comes hope. Someone is always worse off than us. That thought might not help some but it sure helps me and I pray for what I have. Why dwell on what one does not have? That breeds bitterness. Just look around the world. Keep Faith alive folks and their is your hope!

Nobody is preaching bitterness. Obama is recognizing the frustrations of people who feel like they have no power over their own economic status while corporations are getting richer and CEOs are getting million dollar bonuses. In difficult economic times the only empowerment people feel is in their basic rights such as religion, freedom, and owning a gun, or in hot button issues that republicans stir up right before big elections like gay marriage. Obama wants the people's interest to be the most important factor when making economic decisions. Now the opposing campaigns are twisting his meaning into inflammatory accusations that he is opposed to hunting (no) or to religion (clearly not) or doesn't care about the common man or woman when he is the biggest advocate for the people over big corporations in this election. If people voted based on what is best for themselves economically rather than hot button issues like gay marriage, abortion, and gun laws, the democrats would win every election. This is the ugliness of politics that makes good people hesitant to get involved. Despite these attacks and misinterpretations Obama has hope and faith in the people to see the truth and take action. Vote Obama!

Personally, I'm starting to think that the only antidote to bitterness lies in thinning out the numbers of the Obama/Clinton cheer squads around here... some kind of general cull perhaps? LOL

Seriously, yes, there are so many bitter trolls around here today it seems like... mainly from these 'cheer squads' as I said.

But if you're an Obama supporter, then, well, not much 'hope' there I'm afraid, because what I know, which I guess you either don't see yet or don't want to, is that - well, his policies and what he is likely to offer as President is just not particularly different to what we'd get with Clinton or McCain.

The only 'hope' there is, is that one day we actually get a President again not backed by the military-industrial complex and not part of the neo-conservative political establishment.

Mike Gravel '08

http://www.MikeGravel2008.com

I pray no person or situation will take faith, hope or love from me. This world is not my home and I HOPE I never become bitter. It is ugly and self defeating.

That being said, I accept Obama's apology that he may have used the wrong word, bitterness, when he meant frustrated.

Yes I do become frustrated when I see how far this wonderful Country has fallen, when I see illegal immigration dividing the Country, when I see racial divide, when I hear politicians lying, when I know we are basically in a global war, when our jobs are lost and our taxes are increased, when I see the morality of the Country as another Sodom and Gomorrah.

It's not about bitterness. It is about people clinging to religion and gun control because the government isn't working. Obama tells us those aren't the real issues. He calls people xenophobes and racists.

BTW, No rural Pennsylvanian clings to religion more than Obama himself, who for 20 years sat silent in the pews, while a hate-spewing minister damned his country and most everyone else. The question is not why Pennsylvanians “cling to their religion”, but why do the Obamas still cling to the Trinity Church that seems far more extreme than anything I’ve seen in rural America.

• I would say so. That seems to be the effect. I did have hope, but if things are so bitter, what hope is there?

Source(s): life

exactly. I laugh every time Obama tries to call himself a "uniter". He's actually the biggest DIVIDER this country has ever seen. Obama has done nothing except insult the people in this country and make lies and false promises with a crooked campaign of lobbyists, money launderers, and stolen money.

No, I'm bitter but I have hope. No doubt.

• xiphos

Possibly. But you definitely take away votes.