What was the first gig you went to?

By that i mean your first live music experience. Who did you see and where was the venue? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

David Bowie - at Milton Keynes Bowl

The first proper concert I went to was with my daughter, then about 6 or 7, to see the Spice Girls at Earls Court. I had been to Radio One Roadshows previously but don't remember seeing anyone of any real merit, the one that sticks in my mind is Timmy Mallet when he did the "Teeny Weeny, Itsy Bitsy...." song, I think that horror will be imprinted on my brain forever, a sort of self-punishment, LOL! Went to see Macy Gray at Wembley Show Box, sorry, Arena, she had Black Eyed Peas before they were famous over here and before Fergie joined, as well as Roisin from Moloko. Same place for Duran Duran too, a product of my schooldays but I was never allowed to go and see them back then, they had Goldfrapp supporting. David Gray at Portsmouth Guildhall was probably one of the best performances, he's every bit as good live as on record and we were so close that if we tried we could probably have touched him.

The first gig I went to was to see the Smiths at Brixton Academy in London. I also used to go to the Reggae Sunsplash events that were held in Crystal Palace park during the mid 80s - I shouldn't have been there as I was too young, but just couldn't resist all those great artists and songs! :o) xxxx

Status Quo Glasgow Apollo Early '76

Went to see Hot Chocolate on my 16th birthday in 1973 at the Talk of the Midlands in Derby. Fabulous evening with friends. Couldn't afford the chicken in a basket though which was an extra 50p - quite a lot of money back then!

I saw many pub gigs as a child/teenager, also went to many outdoor things to do with social protests, eg big, free concerts in Finsbury Pk, saw Sade, lots of 80's performers etc but if you're talking BIG concerts then PRINCE.

He was my absolute idol growing up and he was even better live, I think I lost my voice from screaming that night. i was 16, it was 1991.

Wish I could relive it.

Oh, I went to see Kula Shaker the other day, in the liquid Rooms, Edinburgh, theye were still as good as ever!!

Austin Nickles,?? Who Are they ? J.Geils(First time in an auditorium).Mason Profit .All for $3.25 people walked in with half barrels and booze and the smoke was thick At the Dane county Coliseum about 1973 I did see Cheap Trick about 71 while sneaking into some local bars before they even cut a record also

Elton John at Norwich City Football ground

Status Quo 1976

I saw both Emerson, Lake, & Palmer, and The Edgar Winter Group (not at the same time) back in the '70's -- just can't seem to remember which one came 1st (must've been the marijuana)! I do remember that Johnny Winter made an appearance at Edgar's concert.