I would like your take on how to USE the sword of the Spirit...exactly?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We must always use the sword of the Spirit under the leadership, guidance, direction and anointing of the Holy Spirit.

We must always use the sword of the Spirit with much wisdom, understanding and knowledge through the Holy Spirit.

These are the only verses that directly speak to the sword of the Spirit and as you can see God has told us the power of the sword of the Spirit offensively and defensively.

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I have included three links to three very skilled and anointed men of God in the use of the sword of the Spirit.

Hope that his helps in answering how to USE the sword of the Spirit...exactly

May God use this for his glory.

• 1 decade ago

The Sword of the Spirit is the spoken Word of God.

The Rama Word. So? Jesus spoke the Word of God when He walked on earth. When we take the Sword out, it is speaking the Word of God in the Spirit of God.

The Spirit of God is Truth. And the Truth does set people free.

But also the sword in the families can be divisive. Because a sword in the family where one family member obeys the Word of God & the other family member disobeys the Word, there is discord. That is why Jesus had said that he didn't come to bring to peace, but a sword...

So speaking Gods Word (scripture) or what scripture or word the Holy Spirit brings to mind, speakng it in the Spirit; Is how to use the Sword of the Spirit.

• 1 decade ago

We are told to put on the full armor of God in Ephesians 6. Each part is a protection and a weapon against the power of evil. The belt of truth is buckled around our waists, the breastplate of righteousness protects our hearts, our feet are shod to go out and proclaim the good news of peace, and the shield of faith protects against temptations. The helmet of salvation protects our mind. Then we take up the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. We must know how to use the word of God, for as it says in Hebrews 4:12, it is sharper than any any two-edged sword, correctly dividing the word of truth. A deep knowledge of the word of God, both in the Bible and being guided by the Holy Spirit, equips us to know what is right and what is wrong. We will know when we are being led down the wrong path because we have God's word and his spiritual guidance.

It is so important to remember to put on the whole armor, so that as we go out, we are totally protected and equipped. Just having a knowledge of the word of God will not protect us if we don't have our minds and hearts protected by saving faith in God, God's truth holding in all our equipment, and our feet ready to get out there and do what God wants us to do. <*)))><

• 1 decade ago

First of all the sword is not actual. Words in the bible are often compound words and metaphors symbolically used to describe ethereal concepts.

In the case of the phrase posed here, the sword stands for "sharp word" or truth which cuts asunder religious nonsensical misunderstanding.

The term spirit is synonymous of common sense; all people are given common sense or spirit. If people used their common sense / spirit properly the sharp word or truth would create greater peace and happiness on this earth.

Wars, hunger, poverty, terrorism, inequality and all manner of human misery "Hell" would be eliminated - Heaven on earth would reign instead. :-)

learn more:

http://wwunited.org

http://666america.com

http://thesealedportion.com

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

When you are confronted by a temptation, a deception, a lie, a wrong suggestion, etc...

You remember what the Bible has to say about it and you do or believe what God says. You "walk" in the light of God's truth.

Jesus demonstrated how to wield the Sword of the Spirit when tempted by Satan.

Matthew 4:3 The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." 4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" 5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: "'He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" 7 Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." 10 Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

• 1 decade ago

Jesus used the sword of the spirit in the desert when he had fasted 40 days and forty nights, the devil came to Him and tempted Him, "I will give you all the cities your eye can see, If you bow down and worship me", but Jesus used the sword of the spirit by saying to the devil, "It is written, thou shalt serve the Lord your God and Him only shalt thou worship", that's how you use the sword of the spirit.

• grnlow
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Hebrews 4:12 points out "the Word of God is sharper than a two-edged sword."

2 Timothy 2:15 says, "Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright."

Philippians 1:9-11 "And this is what I continue praying, that YOUR love may abound yet more and more with accurate knowledge and full discernment; that YOU may make sure of the more important things, so that YOU may be flawless and not be stumbling others up to the day of Christ, and may be filled with righteous fruit, which is through Jesus Christ, to God's glory and praise."

What this means is the sword is the message of the Bible. It is most important to handle it's message correctly. We do this by ACCURATE knowledge and full UNDERSTANDING. By letting the Bible interpret itself, we can attain this goal.

Not leaning upon our own or other men's understanding where they would bring in personal theories for understanding.

• Tim
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Sword of Spirit is the Word of God,against any type of weapon, medium used by the Satan,our enemy.just as Lord Jesus used in Matthew 4:1-9.

against any spiritual attack- depression, solitude, frustration, confusion,false accusation,jealousy .

I use The Word of God & speak in Tongues as well.Rebuking the enemy as Holy Spirit may lead.

• 1 decade ago

The New Testament uses references to the sword of the spirit meaning the word of God.As long as we have the word of God and follow it,we will win any battle.It is also said to be sharper than any double edged sword.Jesus will return with his sword which was the word he spoke.He will reward those who believed and repay those who refused to with his weapon being the words that he spoke to them.

• 1 decade ago

well, what comes to mind is when the devil was tempting Jesus during his fast. Jesus used the 'word' to admonish him of his intent to be steadfast.

I think some people use the sword to harm others and condemn them, but this is not what I believe this is for. I believe we are to remind those of the word of God in a loving way in order to reaffirm where we stand.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.