Brown mucus, spit, sputum I don't know the difference between them all lol?

So every since I got mono and strep every morning at the same time I have woken up with a fairly dehydrated mouth that feels like it has nasty lump like thing stuck in the back top area of my throat. I got ahead and jump in the shower to get some steam going and then brush my teethe after a while of being in the... show more So every since I got mono and strep every morning at the same time I have woken up with a fairly dehydrated mouth that feels like it has nasty lump like thing stuck in the back top area of my throat. I got ahead and jump in the shower to get some steam going and then brush my teethe after a while of being in the shower whatever is stuck back there works it's way up and I end up coughing it up. It doesn't really hurt at all to cough it up but is nasty looking and taste and smells pretty bad. I was wondering if this is a bad sign and if there is anything I can do, so that I can reduce the risk of waking up feeling like that? Thank you so much for taking the time to read and help out, It has just been one thing after the other lately, as soon as I get up something beets me back down again =(