Why do people drive around with those "Baby on board" things on their car?

I mean, who CARES? I would care more is they had an Alien or rare exotic animal on board.... but who cares if the car has a baby on board? What is the point of those things? Its not like you drive any different if you see the car in front of you with a "baby on board" sticker hanging on the back window is... show more I mean, who CARES? I would care more is they had an Alien or rare exotic animal on board.... but who cares if the car has a baby on board? What is the point of those things? Its not like you drive any different if you see the car in front of you with a "baby on board" sticker hanging on the back window is it? I don't get it!
Update: Cat - you are rude and actually I DO park in disabled spaces because I am ALLOWED TO. I have a disabled badge which is MINE. What is your problem?