Jobs for 15 year olds ?

Anyone know of any jobs for 15 year olds .

minus the McDonalds ?

Best Answer

Baby sit.

Mow lawns, pull weeds, pick up dog poop. Older people are willing to hire "youngsters".

Wash windows and do other cleaning. Again, older people can't get to the "heavy lifting" of home maintenence.

Find potential work at church, school, and around your neighborhood. Put up flyers, go door to door, and tell everyone you know you're willing to work.

Senior centers are also a good place to put up a flyer.

If you have any close friends that own or manage businesses it is wise to pick there coat tails on letting your 15yo act as a personal assistant this give them experience in the work place and lines them up for future career ops. Also call the summer camps early to see if they have CIT or counseling positions open they still get to participate in camp activities, take on some responsibilities and get paid. Let them use the summer to start there own business put up fliers for things like babysitting ,elder care, lawn service, pool cleaning, hair braiding, pet sitting, .....be creative. Some theme park like Six flags, World of Coca Cola, Yellow River Game Ranch ....hires really young during the summer. I worked passing out phone books and fliers @ 13 .Call home child cares and churches and see if they have a need for some one to complete small jobs. If all else fails Kroger and Publix hires @ 15 but do not apply for drab position such as bagger 15yo can do floral ,produce, bakery and they make more money in these areas anyway. And be aware that there are rules against age discrimination in the hiring process so know your rights.

Source(s): I am speaking from personal experience.

Try seeing if someone in your neighborhood needs there dog walked, or if a friend of your parents has a child that needs like after school babysitting. I remember one summer I was I think 13 or 14 I babysat my next door neighbor for about 6 hours a day and as much as I did not like giving up my summer days, I made about 100 a week. Which at the time was alot. But thats alot more then can be expected in babysitting, but if you find someone kind you could make a nice chunk of change. I dont blame you for not wanting to work fast food! I would never want to either. Most i've known to work at like mcdonalds completly hated it and where treated like crap. But they will hire you at 15 if your desprate haha.

Bagger at a grocery store, babysitter, dog walking....at 15 there are options but you have to look around locally places to find out which ones will hire that young but there are a lot of places here that will hire for basic jobs.

What exactly is wrong with McDonald's, especially as a teenager? We all can't start as CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, ya know.

go to the mall, some places will hire at 14 you just have to check.

Paper route, babysitting

I'm 15...and I babysit. =)

There are plenty of other places that you can work, though.

Depends on where you live?