Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

What is a cooler look? EMO or Gangsta.?

I have noticed more and more people ditching the dated,lame,boring,actualy stupid looking G rap look,for the cool hip EMO trend...

For years i have painfully watched people wearing hats on the sides of their heads,baggy,way.....baggy jeans,really lame baggy sweaters,basketball shirts,stupid Blings,stupid looking G rap clothes in General...

All i can say is thank my Gods G rap is dead! and the look is way out! That look will go down as one of the dumbest looking things ever!Thank my Gods!

The EMO look is far cooler looking,it has been done long ago,LOU REED RING A BELL?:)......anything,i mean even if wearing pink suits was cool it would look better than that stupid G rap look..Thank my Gods that lame look is dead!

I find the EMO look cool but the lifestyle really is not my bag,however it is better than the wannabe G lifestyle i must say...At least its about self introspection,not blinging up and pimping out..

Who else agrees?? or disagrees?:)...EMO OR GANGSTA? LETS HEAR IT.

• Slim
    Best Answer

Gangsta

Hip hop clothing on guys is sexyyy

Plus, the 2 looks you chose have a color barrier

I havent seen a black emo before

And wiggers are bashed on

You cant just switch if you want to

The "Gangsta" look is better. Just remember that because someone doesn't have skin tight jeans and wears a loose shirt it doesn't mean they are wannabe gangsters. It is a lot more comforable that tight clothes as long as you dont get 5 sizes to baggy. Also it represents more of the urban lifestyle of growing up in poverty or just a city, not wanting to kill people.

• adam w

ok i knew this debate was gonna happen sooner or later ok weve got the Emo look(hair covering one eye,uber tight pants,t-shirt of emo band du jour)than we have the rap lookwhich i have no idea if your talking about the early 90s baggy pants,jerseys,and hats to the back or the new style think lupe fiasco and kanye west they both are pretty fun to do but ill stick to neither because im not stuck on trends i wear what i want

I dress how I want to dress. Being trendy is never cool. Dress how you want and things will be fine.

You like the Emo look then dress Emo. Someone slse likes the hip-hop look then let them dress hip-hop.

I tend to dress business casual. Am I less cool because I dress business casual? I don't know. Nor do I care.

Those were the styles for those genres at the time

Now for rap, the style is turning into a mix between gangster and emo sorta

Wow Emo look is gay, Gangsta is gay too.

Gangsta they try to look all hard and stuff,

but emo they look all depressed and their hair is pink....PINK ok that will not attract the oppisite sex.

So i dress as an Urban Sneakerhead.

well id first off like to say emo doesnt mean u cut urself deary. i dress emo but i do it in my own way.

just be urself and dress how u want to. nobody can tell you who you are. and you shouldnt judge other ppl on who you look. but if you want my opinion i like the emo look better.

How about coming up with your own 'look' based on what you like? That beats following a fad any day of the week.

you know whats a cool look? a shirt and a pair of pants. between the two looks you mention i say a merger of both. gmo

People just being themselves is a cooler look, and post this in fashion section