Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Democracy will fail without an informed electorate?

Can't we see that happening right here in Yazoo answers?

What can you inform me of?

Favorite Answer

every day

I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion.

Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.

James Madison

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.

James Madison

Learned Institutions ought to be favorite objects with every free people. They throw that light over the public mind which is the best security against crafty and dangerous encroachments on the public liberty.

James Madison

I thought that democracy failed when the Supreme Court stole an election. I guess you can say that the electorate is ill-informed to the extent that so many voters "out there" don't seem to give a rat's a55 about the Court's theft of the Presidency.

I could inform you a whole lot about what judicial activism means, but I don't whether you are interested.

Well we can see the uninformed part clear enough

America is not a democracy, never has been

The idea was considered and soundly rejected by the framers of our constitutional republic

Dude, anyone tell you, you look just like that unabomber guy.