Obama Supporters - Do you think Senator Obama made a mistake backing down from the 'bitter' comments?

I very much think he did. IMO; He did not get this far as a newcomer to Washington running an outsider campaign by playing the insider's rules. McCain and Clinton think that 'bitter' is some kind of buzz word their cronies in the media can get people to resent - Well; I'm sorry but Senator Obama had... show more I very much think he did. IMO; He did not get this far as a newcomer to Washington running an outsider campaign by playing the insider's rules. McCain and Clinton think that 'bitter' is some kind of buzz word their cronies in the media can get people to resent - Well; I'm sorry but Senator Obama had it right - I AM bitter and I and every American has a right to be! And if; After all Washington has NOT done FOR working class Americans - And more often has done TO them; They resent words instead of those who thinks words are more important than actions - Then their votes aren't worth having. If they really keep buying into the same old politics than the same old politicians will never stop taking advantage of them.

I am deeply troubled by the fact that ever since Senator Obama's momentum slowed after the Texas/Ohio primaries he seems to be playing more by the insider's rules than by the rules that put him in position to win the nomination in the first place.
Update: I think there a lot of independent voters who feel 'bitter' just like me. I think this could have been a defining moment for Senator Obama's campaign, Where millions more of the alienated masses would have ralllied to his cause for standing by his comments and making it clear he IS NOT the one out of... show more I think there a lot of independent voters who feel 'bitter' just like me. I think this could have been a defining moment for Senator Obama's campaign, Where millions more of the alienated masses would have ralllied to his cause for standing by his comments and making it clear he IS NOT the one out of touch - The Washington insiders ARE. But by backing down from the comments in any way; He has made it appear he does; Perhaps, agree with them that he thinks the comments were the part of this story that was out of touch. And; In so doing, he not only demoralizes his natural supporters like myself and the other disenfranchised Americans he gave a voice with the comments; But he certainly won't have made any inroads with those voters who are plum happy with the way things have been going in Washington and are behind the insiders like Clinton and McCain, anyway...