does PETA?

does PETA actually kill animals?? i thought they were supposed to HELP animals? any thoughts?

if you want details go to

www.petakillsanimals.com

Favorite Answer

If Megan did her research, she would find quotes from the PeTA president admitting to killing thousands of animals.

She would also find proof that they killed 97% of the animals they obtained in 2006.

PeTA kills animals. They are a radical group that do not believe in having pets. They often adopt animals from shelters and then kill them. Their excuse is that they are "unadoptable," but of course this is BS because PeTA had to adopt them in the first place.

Also, Megan probably doesn't have friends who have experience the evils of PeTA. PeTA is known for going to dog shows and letting dogs out of their crates. Of course, this often results in dogs being lost and killed by cars, etc. They have even go so far as to poison the dogs in their crates. Not a rumour, I know someone who has experienced that.

PeTA also boycotts the March of Dimes because of the animal research used for prematurity and birth defects. Having known people who have children with birth defects, and having worked with some of these children myself, I am appauled that PeTA puts a rat at the same level as a human child.

I know that you were probably hoping to be reassured hear that PeTA is a great organization that saves millions of animals. Unfortunatly, that's not true. They are a radical group that needs to be stopped. If your appauled by this, then you can help by spreading the truth.

Please, don't listen to those who claim that PeTA is a good organization. This isn't me being close-minded. I assure you that I have done my research as well, and I have personal experiences.

Source(s): www.petakillsanimals.com And for the record, I'm a vegetarian.

There are a lot of negative aspects about PETA. Though they do good things, they also do some very bad things- like kill animals. Ingrid Newkirk is an amazing speaker and I enjoyed reading her book Free the Animals, it's one of my favourite books ever written. But PETA as a whole, my feelings are very mixed.

I've used PETA a lot over the years. They're great for leaflets and posters.

Aside from the fact that PETA kills animals, they also do a lot of other things that piss me off. The campaigns are often degrading to women. They're trying to overcome one exploitation but at the same time they're contributing to another.

Plus, I don't think many of the PETA crew members take any of this seriously. I sometimes feel that if it weren't for the rallies or the celebrities that support PETA, they wouldn't be out there supporting the cause. I'm not speaking for them all but a good handful of them.

The whole "welfare" nonsense annoys me to no end. If they were truly animal rights activists, they wouldn't be killing animals.

When animals are brought to PETA, most of them are in absolutely horrible conditions -- they're being ravaged by diseases and have been neglected for months and years. In cases like these, euthanasia is clearly the only compassionate decision. People don't drop off healthy animals at PETA's office (since the organization don't have an adoption service). PETA refers adoptable animals to the local shelter and deals with the worst of the worst situations.

Every year millions of animals are put down in shelters because of the increasing overpopulation crisis. PETA focuses on educating people on why there are so many animals and what people can do to help. If people fixed their pets and stopped buying animals from stores, puppy mills, or breeders, the animals in shelters would have a fighting chance.

PETA does a lot of good that many people aren't aware of. PETA has a mobile spay-and-neuter clinic that goes to disadvantaged neighborhoods and offers free and low-cost surgeries. PETA's clinic has sterilized tens of thousands of animals, preventing an unimaginable amount of animal homelessness.

• While PETA collects millions in donations by pretending to advocate for the welfare of animals, the group has killed 17,400 pets since 1998. Some animals are killed at PETA headquarters and stored in a giant walk-in freezer.

Others are killed in roving death vans and tossed into dumpsters. In fact, less than three percent of the animals handed over to People for the "Ethical" Treatment of Animals actually survive.

Well, yes, they do kill animals. Euthanize is the more proper term, and they do perform it at such a high rate because of the quality, so to speak, of the animals that they receive.

After all, there are times when it is much, much more merciful to put an animal out of its misery than see it suffer from leukemia or some other disease.

...that's not even mentioning cases of feline AIDS or other contagious illnesses that would make keeping all of the animals that they receive much more dangerous to all of the otherwise healthy ones.

If you actually believe that 97% of the animals that PETA receives are in such poor health that they have to be euthanized, then you are an f'ing moron and don't really care about animals. And yet normal animal shelters and Humane Societies are protested by PETA people all the time, for euthanizing a much much smaller percentage of their "sick and poor conditioned" animals. Apparently PETA only gets the sickest of the sick animals, but normal animal shelters get only healthy ones, thats why they don't kill as many as PETA does. Yeah, that's a load of horseshit.

Speaking about companies caring about their profits, PETA spends less than one percent of their multi-million dollar budget actually helping animals. You'd think with the amount of money donated to them, they could help, heal, and care for animals, you know, like the HUMANE SOCIETY does.

Apparently it is bad to heal animals, because all veterinary medicine has been tested on animals. Therefore, instead of using techniques and products that have been tested on animals, to save animals, it's better to just kill off all the animals. That makes a lot of sense.

Hey PETA, since you're busy killing off all those animals, send some of them over to me, I'm hungry. If you're killing them, then it should be okay for me to eat them. Yum yum.

There is an organization called The Center for Consumer Freedom and they are petitioning to have peta classified as a slaughter plant so they loose their non-profit status... check out petakillsanimals.com. Basicly if you think peta does anything good your a muppet or a moron... some people just need to think for themselves.

It is very true, as i have just found out, i WAS i big supporter of PETA and PETA2 but now im still in shock as to what they really do to animals.

PETA kill 600 animals a day! (No Joke)

And Killed Over 97 Percent of the Animals in its Care in 2006.

Find out more at:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

And also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p25vhdlOCqs

I am a vegan and I do not support peta, if they do good,. - erm okay. but i don't see them doing a great deal.

I support the humane society. - I love the work they do. PLus Best friends, they are great. - they keep every animal and provide them with a love and a good home.

I just asked this- I was sad to find out they do. Nearly 90% of the so called no kill animals. :( I like some of the things they do, but no I won't support them because of this. Plus they are against keeping pets? I can't have my little doggy, i would be sad.