what is the best credit card for my S.O. who has no credit and really bad spending habits?

she wants to build credit and says she will only make one small purchase a month and pay it off in its entirety but i just KNOW she will get carried away.. whats the best credit card she can get with the lowest annual/membership fees, APR, and whatnot?

Best Answer

Capital One. Starts you off with a $300 limit. After 3 months of paying on time, they up you to $500. No membership fees either.

It is also a reputable bank..... not one of those half-@rse places you never here about.

anyone that will give a person with no credit a card with a very high APR and if she blows paying on time she'll be a risk for many years and have a hard time getting credit again. Any credit card will probably start out with a very low limit just to see how big a risk they're getting into. A lot of companies offer college freshmen with no previous credit a high interest low limit card when they first move into a dorm. They did this to my daughter and I had to make her payments for years until she finally realized she wasn't in the position of being responsible enough to have a credit card. I know it seems like free money but it's far from it. It's just a way to sucker folks in.

Getting a HSBC credit card is quite easy. Applying for a HSBC credit card is a simple procedure that can be completed in a short time online. Some of the well known HSBC credit cards are: HSBC Platinum MasterCard, HSBC Cash Back Rewards MasterCard, HSBC Cash or Fly Rewards MasterCard etc. The primary benefit of these cards is the 0% introductory Annual Percentage Rate on purchases and balance transfer from 6-12 months, right from the day the account is opened. All these cards offer online account management services.

http://www.complete-debt-info.com/category/HSBC-Cr...

If you have a federal credit union there haveher get a secured credit card in which the company reports to the credit agency. A secured credit card is where you pay the limit on the card for example they offer you a $300 secured credit card you would deposit $300 into that bank for the life of the card. This will raise credit over time and if you pay your bills on time the company may reward you by raising you rlimit without asking you to deposit more money.

Capital One has a great program. All she has to do is place a small amount of money in a savings account and they will issue her a credit card for more then she put in. It used to be $100 in savings got you a $500 credit limit.

Source(s): Experience plus 30 years working in finance and banking

{ would say get a secured credit card,you can only spend what you have and by paying it off you build a good credit history.

Get a student credit card, they are the best for no credit and first timer. Because student credit card usually has reward point compare to basic credit card that has none. Other way to build credit score, get a student loan, car loan, those help if you manage to paid it off ontime; but will hurt you score badly if you miss payment.

Source(s): I only mid 20's has better credit score then most ppls ever dream of.

Oh my gosh, take it from someone with experience here... if you have bad spending habits, a credit card is just a really bad idea.

If she HAS to have one, find her one with a really low limit, like $250.

Source(s): I'm now earning the money I spent 5 years ago and it sucks big time

if you have a bad spending habbit the best would be no credit card otherwise you will get yourself in debt, so before you decide to get one really look at your finances, www.fastcreditcardapprovals.com let you compare side by side on rates, fees and rewards.

I would never ever let anyone use my credit card. My friend did that though and he regrets it. She drained him and was just using him the whole time. It totally sucked.