I want to cheat on my diet. . . .?

I want to cheat on my diet. I have been keeping my calories between1200-1500 for 2 -3 weeks and today has been an awful day, plus that time of the month is approaching. Today, I have only had about 700 cals so far. Is it okay to splurge on a "BAD" dinner tonight? How will it affect my weight loss?

Favorite Answer

not much, just go ahead and eat then go back on your diet the next day

though I should warn you, you will probably feel guilty after eating what you concider bad. So really its your decision.

bottom line is though that anything you gain can be burned off later. So if you've already lost some weight youll probably gain like 600 calories on your bad meal and 3000 calories is a pound. So realy not much. You'll notice on the scale that you've gained weight. But this is just digestion process. When you use the bathroom you'll be at your normal weight again. This happens because healthy food is very light in weight and not only that but the heavier the food the longer it will take to digest. Try eating fiber like a healthy cereal with your dinner tonight and it will help you digest.

Ok. I have been on weight watchers for 5 months and lost 30 pounds. What I have notied is if I take one day out of the week and eat whatever the hecki I want that day, without counting calories, I do WAY better during the week. you have got to give yourself something to look forward to. So why don't you finish the rest of the day strong, and use Saturdays as a cheat day? I do it weekly, and lose an average of a pound and a half every week! And with counting calories what I used to do was:

Monday: 1300

Tuesday:1500

Wednesday: 1300

Thursday: 1100

Friday: 1300

Saturday: 1500

Sunday: 1300

Monday: 1100

It worked really well for me, and it made me lose weight faster, because rather than two days in a row having 1500, I made up for it, and got a bit of a break! :)

No it will help, you should choose a day once per week(only) to carb up or calorie up. This will help keep your body guessing.

If you want to make that day today. OK.

Otherwise, it is usually best to make it sometime you are going to splurge any way.

I used to do sundown Friday till sundown Sat. drink eat and party all Fri/Sat back on the regiment during the daily grind, it was a fantastic release, yet almost gives you more devotion to your daily diet, because you know your release is comming.

Also keep an eye on your calories, sometimes if you go too low it can work against you because your body will go into starvation mode, and begin storing fat again. The Abs Diet and South Beach discuss some of this concept.

Source(s): Look up "carb cycling". You can see the effects in the mirror the next day.

Nothing that you've listed here is bad for you. Looks like you're eating lots of fibrous foods so it's important to drink a lot of water (but not directly with your meal). Just remember that when you eat a lot of fibre you need enough pure water in your diet as well. Bread and turkey isn't the best combination - harder for your body to digest. Turkey and vegetables fine. Bread and jam/honey are an okay combination, just try to choose a good healthy grain bread. In general, breads and proteins aren't the best combination. Google "food combining" to get some info on that. I understand that your body should be finished digesting before bed (and depending on what you eat - affects how long you need to digest) because your body is using your sleep time to process and detoxify your body so ideally it shouldn't be burdened with digesting at that time. Watch out for bad advice on what to eat because you can end up losing weight but being nutrient-starved which leads to disease. The bottom line goes something like this... a piece of cardboard has no calories and no fat, but if you chewed it really well it would make you feel full for a while - however, it has ZERO NUTRIENTS for your body (just like popcorn). And, by the way, popcorn is bad for your gut! P.S. Don't eat cardboard either. P.P.S. I see so much mis-information in the answers to your question, so be careful who you listen to, okay? P.P.S. Turkey might make you tired - it's the tryptophan. AND - BE REALLY REALLY CAREFUL ABOUT ANSWERS WHERE THE PERSON CLAIMS THEY'RE A DOCTOR AND WITHOUT KNOWING YOUR CASE IMMEDIATELY RECOMMENDS A DRUG. I BELIEVE STRONGLY THESE PEOPLE ARE ONLINE TELEMARKETERS AND THEY GET PAID BY THE HOUR BY PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES.

That time of the month is a hard time to diet. I used to get chocolate kisses and say i would only eat "one" or "two". But always ended up eating the whole bag in one day. LOL So instead now what I do is get Chocolate fat free Jell-o pudding. That way i get my chocolate fix and don't have to work off a bag of candy.

If you want a "Bad" dinner, it is ok, treat yourself just becarefull not to go overboard. For example, instead of enchiladas, eat fajitas with all the trimmings, just dont eat the tortillas or chips.

Hope your day gets better. If you do cheat, remember it is OK just get back on. Good Luck

One thing that most people tend to forget about losing weight is that you can't just diet, you need to exercise as well. Exercise not only strengthens your body, but also burns a lot more calories than if you were just dieting. You can eat more and increase your metabolism with more frequent exercise. This can help you stick to your diet and get in better shape. Just remember not to go too low on calories, especially when exercising. I'm 16 years old, male, participate in sports, and run at least four times a week. As a result, I eat about 2700-3000 calories a day, but obviously thats going to be much different for you. Just try to balance your exercise and diet so that you can stick to it healthily. Its also not bad to treat yourself once in a while, especially to keep your morale up.

As long as you don't go too far overboard and try to keep under lets say around 2000 cal for the one day you should be okay, think of it as a sort of reward for your hard work. Some people say you shouldn't reward yourseld with food, but I think its ok as long as you know your boundaries and can keep it under a certain level.

It's not that bad to cheat on it every once in a while and plus if you cheat on you diet after you've been on it for a while it might rev up your metabolism and help you lose more weight.

First of all if you only had 700 cals you are not feeding your muscle. if you dont feed your muscle it will die. If you want more info let me know