Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What is everyone's deal with trolls?

Am I missing something? Is "Troll" a word for something else on here? Or are we seriously talking about the lil dudes under a bridge? All I can think of is the story "Three Billy Goats Gruff"

Lil help here?

Favorite Answer

Trolls are people on here with nothing better to do than harass and in general annoy others that are trying to have a bit of fun. I imagine they are called trolls because they are ugly, small minded people with absolutely no friends or ambition in life except to report and be a nuisance on here. Apparently Yahoo finds nothing wrong with this because they DO NOTHING about it!

Source(s): this is a direct answer to a direct question about the loser trolls and it is my official opinion that Yahoo needs to do something to stop them and this is not chatting and stuff...

Polls and Surveys is a dangerous place to post because most trolls hate "Chatters." A favorite trick of trolls is to go through someone's profile and report EVERY Question and Answer and then come back and do it again from their multiple accounts. I keep my profile private and don't allow fans. That makes it harder for trolls to target me. Don't expect help from YA. Staff fully supports the trolls and some staff members are trolls themselves.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion

• Duke

Trolls here on Y/A are considered either "reporters" (people who 'report' others in order to get those people's account suspended) or people who repeatedly post garbage "answers", usually about farting or poop and usually posts that make you have to scroll half way down the page to get past it...

Watch out for Fizzdude, Copper, Pete something and Buzy Bee. Block them immediately!

They are the real trolls....

I'll probably get reported by one of them but I don't care....

• ?

they are people that report perfectly good questions and answers in hopes of getting someones account suspended or loss of points!

reference FIZZDUDE in this answer... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Au0wS...

The trolls are the people that Yahoo allows to roam the halls of our beloved forum and try endlessly to ruin the experience for all of us.

• i don't have a clue!! i've seen the word "trolls" a lot aswell..

GET OFF MA BRIDGE

Source(s): trolltastic

yea