yeast infection?? not 4 me tho... -.-" please answer!!?

k so 1 of my friends have yeast infection so shes wondering if it treats by itself or do you have to buy some medicine, cream.. etc... -.-". k please answer cuz shes kinda freaking out.

Update:

k she said thanx and i read on the internet that 3/4 of women get it so its not like shes not clean !! it just happenes i guess.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Antibiotics can actually cause yeast infections.

Medications, such as vagisil work, though they take a few days

• Zoe
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Hello, I'm on the second week and seeing definite improvement on my yeast infection symptoms:

https://bitly.im/aMO5B

Note that: If the yeast infection doesn't respond to over the counter treatment, prescription medication will likely be necessary. Similarly, if the symptoms return after two months of being treated, you should contact the doctor for professional treatment rather than resorting again to home treatment.

https://bitly.im/aMO5B

If this is the first time you have experienced a yeast infection, you should schedule an appointment to have the condition treated by a doctor instead of resorting to home treatment

• cc
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If its her first yeast infection its recommended she goes to the doctor. That way the doctor can diagnose it and the next time the same symptoms occur she can diagnose and treat it herself.

Next, yeast infections do not go away on their own, she needs a cream or vaginal suppository such as monistat or store brands. Or her doctor can prescribe a prescription pill that works as well.

Don't worry there is no reason to freak out. A yeast infection is uncomfortable but easy to fix.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

she needs to buy some cream. it should be where tampons and pads are. I THINK. im not 100% sure. and dont be afraid to ask someone or the clerk whrre the yeast infection stuff is. but make sure you go to a woman not a man :]

and tell her all women get yeast infections at some point in there life. and to prevent from having a yeast infection is don't take baths often. like shower everyday just dont get in the bathtub everyday. understand?

:]good luck :]]]]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If she knows that she has a yeast infection (she sees the signs of the infection) then it needs to be treated. She can try over the counter stuff (like Monistat) to see if it helps. If she has done that and it hasn't gone away, then she needs to see the doctor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to the pharmacy and get Monistat or something strictly for yeast infections. Antibio tics will NOT work. And cleaning yourself is NOT the issue. Bacteria that is good for you kills Candida. When taking anti-biotics, you kill all the good bacteria. Then yeast is allowed to grow. They have Monistat in a one day treatment. It is more convenient than the multiple day treatments.

Also, try eating a lot of yogurt. It replaces the good flora in your system to fight the Candida.

Best wishes!

Source(s): ...nursing student
  • 1 decade ago

The easiest and best thing to do is to buy a one-time treatment (usually an ovule to insert) and/or cream. If your friend is into "natural" medecine, she can apply natural unsweetened yogurt or insert a clove of garlic.

Any way it's best to treat a yeast infection before it drives you crazy. Also, to prevent it, it's a good idea to wear cotton underwear and not to tight pants...

• 1 decade ago

the yeast infection is not caused by being unsanitary. and you don't need to go to the dr.

the treatment, one is called Vagisil, is sold over the counter at places like walgreens or target. if she can't find it she can ask the pharmacist. Its a cream that she'll have to put in her vagina for 7 days, best to do at night.

If that doesn't work, then it is probably not a yeast infection and she should go to the doctor.

• 1 decade ago

No need to freak out. Yeast infections happen all the time. It'll clear up by itself with her next menstral cycle, or she can purchase over the counter medications, like Vagisil or Monastat.

• 1 decade ago

you can try taking acidophilus but if it is too bad you may need need to see a Dr..

FYI yeast infection has little if anything to do with hygiene... it is caused by an imbalance of healthy and opportunistic flora that is natural in the human body.Thus, the acidophilus may restore the healthy flora.you can get it over the counter at WalMart in the vitamin section.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.