Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

French II help please!?

hello im in french two and i am learning about nouns right now and our homework is find 10 nouns in french that ends in my specific ending i got assigned which is "acle".

If anyone finds any acle noun endings please help?

thank you

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

barnacle, bernacle, cénacle, conceptacle, habitacle, miracle, obstacle, oracle, pentacle, pinacle, racle, réceptacle, spectacle, spiracle, tabernacle, tacle.

I think that's all of them...

Good luck ;-)

Source(s): Native French speaker with the help of : http://dict.xmatiere.com/suffixes/mots_finissant_e...
  • 1 decade ago

Here are all the words ending by acle:

bernacle, cénacle, conceptacle, habitacle, miracle, obstacle, oracle, pentacle, pinacle, racle, réceptacle, spectacle, spiracle, tabernacle, tacle

I am a French native/French tutor and an English to French translator and I am used to surf the web to find stuff like this.

***** TENTACLE is not a French word!

• 1 decade ago

On top of "miracle" above, I can think of "spectacle"

Note on the above: "tentacle" is not a French word. The French word for English "tentacle" is "tentacule"

I'm a native speaker but off the top of my head I can't really think of any other, sorry.

Edit: I just thought of "tabernacle", "habitacle", "réceptacle" and "pentacle"

• 1 decade ago

miracle

tentacle

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.