Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Blah, blah, Barrack's Sheep have you any wool?

What is you favorite Empty Rhetoric from Obama and his supporters?

Mine is bringing the Military home in 90 day…this shows his lack of experience, lack of Military knowledge, and a little stupidity…anyone who has served knows it would just take 90 days to plan to start the planning...it takes over six months to plan a deployment, why would retreat be any quicker…because that is what it, retreating…

Sorry Unablogger...I have already done the paperwork...I am also in the process of Copy Writing my last name, Hope, so he can't use that either....

notyou: talk about taking things out of context...he said we will stay in Iraq a 100 years if need be...hell we have been in Europe for 67 years and Korea 58...but that does not fit Barack's Sheep;s agenda...so they do not talk about it...I think I am going to get T-Shirts printed with that Logo on them...

Favorite Answer

The question headline caught my attention, that's for sure ;-). I think that is probably the best example of his empty rhetoric. He says he will have the vast majority of our troops home in 16 months, which is nothing but fodder for his campaign trail. It also showcases his naivete in being willing to put a time limit on how long it will take to bring the troops home. He cannot know what the conditions will be even three months from now. At least Hillary acknowledges it is impossible to promise bringing the troops home by a specific date. She's realistic about the situation, saying she will begin formulating a plan within 60 days, gathering the best "heads" together to try and accomplish this, and she will start bringing some troops home as soon as possible, firstly those troops who are exhausted from repeat tours of duty. The key word here is "some" and not "all." She is very cautious about making false promises on Iraq and that tells me she has a better grasp on the realities of the situation.

There really is no way to deny that McCain will simply continue to carry out Bush's war policy. That fact is something the American people will have to weigh carefully when voting in the general. At least with either McCain or Clinton we have two individuals who are capable of understanding the intricacies right now instead of shouting platitudes that are unrealistic in nature. The military elites who are Democrats stand behind Hillary, not Barack Obama, for example:

"She has done her homework on national security. .. ... She has the big picture. ... .. She is the most qualified in the race to be Commander-in-Chief." - General Wesley Clark (retired)

"I think Hillary Clinton is the best person and the best prepared to be Commander-in-Chief." - Admiral William Owens

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-marsh/militar...

"And Clinton had failed to mention what may be her most important qualification for the job, a knowledge of national-security issues unmatched in the Democratic field. Yes, several other Dems--Biden, Chris Dodd, Bill Richardson--can match her on foreign policy, but Clinton's years on the Armed Services Committee have been well spent. I once asked a well-known general if there were any Democrats running for President who understood the way military leaders think, and he said, "You mean, aside from Hillary?""

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1...

I agree with you 100%. Someone who has no military background should not be making statements that cant possibly happen. He is a fool if he thinks we can even begin to do a massive troop withdrawal in less than 8 or 9 months. I dont have a favorite empty rhetoric from Obama because all of his talk is just that to me. And Billary isnt much better. Atleast with McCain in office we know that the military will be led correctly.

Source(s): I am a former Marine

So you prefer to stay in Iraq for 100 years or more which is what McCain is suggesting? I'll take a fast deployment any day.

How do you know that the planning hasn't already been done?

Even I who have absolutely no Clue on military strategies can figure that out!

I think Obama is even more CLUELESS than I am!

He just says that to get votes anyway!

A few days he said he will leave 80.000 troops there!

Before that he said he will bring the troops out but will bring them back in if needed!

Brilliant MAN!

Let's face it, they're all full of ****. Don't trust anything any of them say about Iraq policy, because its one thing to be a candidate, its another thing entirely to be the President, the Commander in Chief in the Situation room. My hope is that whoever it is that they are smart, willing to listen, and pragmatic.

• Greg

Yes we can

• ed

Not just white man speak with forked tongue.

We call it "advancing to the rear"...