I had fun with this yesterday so here goes:

1. Cubs v. Phillies

2. Reds v. Pirates

3. Yankees v. Red Sox

4. Brewers v. Mets

5. Tigers v. White Sox

6. Cardinals v. Giants

7. Padres v. Dodgers

Feel free to chime in with any other teams if you wish! :)

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Cubs - Los has pitched well away & the same vs. the Phillies

2. Reds - i'm waiting on the Reds to come back to earth, just not going to happen vs, the Pirates. they fought hard but were swept by the Cubs. they could be spent.

3. Red Sox - i thin Wang is the better pitcher but i'll take the Sox at home

4. Mets - i think the Brewers win but i'm picking against them in hopes the Cubs can take the lead in the Central

5. Tigers - this team is better than their record right? right?

6. Cardinals - i think they are over performing but they can under achieve & beat the Giants & Barry Zito

7. Padres - Jake Peavy, nothing else to say

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. Cubs

2. Reds

3. Red Sox

4. Brewers

5. White Sox

6. Cardinals

7. Padres

• GPC
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

1. Cubs - Zambrano over Myers. Cubs win 5-1

2. Pittsburgh - Cincinatti's young pitching will faulter tonight. Pirates win 7-6

3. Red Sox - Buchholz will be stronger at home than Wang. Sox win 9-5

4. Brewers - High Scoring game, Brewers win 12-8

5. White Sox - game will get to the bullpen early which will benefit Chicago. 8-6

6. Cardinals - I'm not sure how anybody can ever pick the Giants, Cards Win 7-3

7. Dodgers - Great pitching matchup Peavy vs Penny. I say Peavy leaves with a 3-2 lead and the Dodgers beat the bullpen for a 4-3 win. Neither starter figures in the decision.

8. D'Backs over Rockies - Great matchup here too Webb vs Francis. Arizona Rolls to a comfortable win. 6-2.

• 1 decade ago

1. Cubs - the phillies looked awful there past couple of games and Fukodome keeps getting hits. it will be high scoring but cubs edge out.

2. Reds - it's the pirates - do i need to say anything more

3. Yankees - Chien Ming -Wang has looked fabulous so far and I don't see him slowing down. Meanwhile Bucholtz didn't look so impressive this season.

4. Brewers - Who the hell is Nelson Figueroa? If the mets rotation is so good why is he in it? Parra will pitch well again.

5. White Sox - Tigers continue to be the biggest dissapointmint in baseball

6. Cardinals - it doesn't matter who the cards have pitch, the giants won't score any runs

7. Dodgers - padres don't have enough pitching to don anything against the dodgers

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. Cubs: Just give Z a couple bottles of Evian and he'll do fine

2. Reds: Pirates bullpen is shot from Cubs series, so unless Maholm has a great outing and can outpitch Volquez, they're in trouble

3. I'm going to stay out of this one. I'm tempted to pick Wang but he hasn't been very good at Fenway. On the other hand, this will be Buchholz's first foray into the madness of the rivalry, might be overwhelmed by it.

4. Gotta go with the Brew Crew - Parra vs Figueroa is not a good matchup for the Mets

5. Contreras vs Willis? Whoever wins is going to have to score at least 10 runs to do it. I'll go with the Tigers.

6. Cardinals. Barry Zito seems content to be worthless.

7. probably the best matchup of the night in Peavy-Penny, but Peavy absolutely owns the Dodgers so going with the Pads

• John H
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'm going with

Cubs 8, Phillies 6 (12 innings)

Reds 11, Pirates 6

Red Sox 5, Yankees 3

Brewers 8, Mets 2

Tigers 8, White Sox 1

Cardinals 9, Giants 1

Dodgers 2, Padres 1

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. Cubs

2. Reds

3. Yankees

4. Brewers

5. White Sox

6. Cardinals

7. Padres

• 1 decade ago

Cubs, Reds, Red Sox, Mets, Tigers, Giants, Dodgers

• fredia
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Grizzlies-87 Bobcats-89 Raptors-eighty 5 Pistons-eighty 4 Celtics-88 warmth-ninety 3 Suns-87 Knicks-eighty 4 Nets-eighty 4 Hornets-88 Mavericks-87 greenbacks-88 Jazz-eighty 5 Houston-eighty 2 Wizards-eighty 2 Kings-87 Cavs-102 Blazers-ninety 8 Thunder-ninety 5 Warriors-87 Lakers-86 Clippers-88.

• 1 decade ago

1. Phillies

(head c)Ace Zambrano falters, and the home team overcomes a pitching mismatch with good production from the offense.

2. Reds

Pittsburgh's pitching will continue them on their path to setting a new record for consecutive losing seasons.

3. Yankees

Pitching favors the Evil Empire in this game.

4. Brewers

5. Tigers

In a match-up of two ridiculously bad pitchers, the Tigers will enjoy their second win of the season. Neither of these starters will see the seventh inning.

6. Cardinals

Zito is pitching, and surely the Cards won't drop two in a row to the worst team in baseball.

7. Padres

Great pitching match-up. I have almost no respect for the 2008 Dodgers, so I'll pick the Padres to squeak out a narrow victory on the road.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.