DaveyJ asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is eating lots of olive oil bad for me?

Olive oil, unlike oters will dissolve cholestoral etc, but is is still 100% fat. Is it bad for me?

I have been adding it to meals to boost the calorie content for gaining weight. Is that bad for me?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Lucky
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no its sosoooo good for you.

yum i love olive oil!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If u want to put on weight then yes it is a great choice.

And it is a 'good fat' and will help to lower your cholesterol and keep ur heart healthy.

Thing is, try to add RAW olive oil (any type is ok) and not heating it all the time as it changes in the type of fat when it is heated (to a less good one).

Add olive oil to mashed potatoes salads meals etc after cooking. Good luck :)

• 1 decade ago

Olive oil's good for you; it contains the right kind of fats to keep the body healthy. It is mainly monounsaturated fats which help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.

Enjoy!

(if you scramble eggs in it, whicsking really fast while it's very hot, they make a great addition to rice with a little soy sauce for chinese dishes - quick and easy!)

• A
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

well it's better for you than other oils... but that doesnt mean to pound it to you. If you want to gain weight... I highly suggest drinking ensure (the vanilla tastes like sugar cookies)

dont go overboard... just eat what you would normally eat and one or two of those a day... they have something like 500 calories in them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Eating lots of olive oil will cause diarrhoea.

• Umm.. I'm not sure but try extra virgin olive oil, thats the healthiest for you!!

Good luck.

Source(s): my mom teheheh
  • 1 decade ago

Trying to eat it may cause you some confusion. Try drinking it instead, that is the best way to consume liquids

• 1 decade ago

It's fantastic with cereal and in tea.

You can bath in it wash your pubes with it and even dance with it if that takes your fancy.

Frankly I think your've probably overstepped the mark but we only live once so f ucking go for it !!!!

• mark m
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It will never be bad, its the other way round.

• 1 decade ago

I believe that there is damage to your health if you eat too much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.