Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

You know you're Italian when?

You can bench press 325 pounds, shave twice a day and still cry when your mother yells at you.

You carry your lunch in a produce bag because you can't fit two cappicola sandwiches, 4 oranges, 2 bananas and pizzelles into a regular lunch bag.

Your mechanic, plumber, electrician, accountant, travel agent and lawyer are all your cousins.

You have at least 5 cousins living in the same town or street. All five of those cousins are named after your grandfather or grandmother.

You are on a first name basis with at least 8 banquet hall owners.

You only get one good shave from a disposable razor.

If someone in your family grows beyond 5'9", it is presumed his Mother had an affair.

There are more than 28 people in your bridal party.

You netted more than $50,000 on your first communion.

And you REALLY, REALLY know you're Italian when:

. Your grandfather had a fig tree.

. You eat Sunday dinner at 2:00.

. Christmas Eve . . . only fish.

. Your mom's meatballs are the best.

. You've been hit with a wooden spoon or had a shoe thrown at you.

. Plastic on the furniture is normal.

. You know how to pronounce "manicotti" and "mozzarella."

. You fight over whether it's called "sauce" or "gravy."

. You've called someone a "mamaluke."

. And you understand "bada bing"

Favorite Answer

XD nice one

• Mirza

You have at least ten relatives whose first or middle names are "Mary/Maria" or "Paul" (may be Paulie or other derivatives). It's a Catholic thing, and many Italians are Catholic (same goes for Mexicans - that's the one I actually know from personal experience).

LOL ! Everything went well until the end of your "joke". The "bada bing" and "mamaluke" is an all American/Italian thing. Nobody in Italy even understands that expression sweetie ! Sorry, I am an Italian born and bred ! LOL !

Yeppers.

Im Italian

im italian!!! and proud. i dont think i had to tell u that cause u could have looked at my nickname.

wow all of that is pretty true. although on christmas eve we have more than fish andin my family my mom-mom is the best cook.

You've described some Italians who live in the U.S. Dovresti visitare me a Milano..............

Clo - hai ragione..non avevo mai sentito dire Bada Bing ecc.ecc. !

this would be easier if you actually asked a question lol but ur italian when you talk with your hands a got a bunch of italian friends

Similar to the Greek one

• you talk with your hands haha yell instead of talking...lets go eat is used all the time, you have red furniture covered in plastic, alot of your friends are "connected " and i can go on and on.. alotta my friends are italians and there great..espeically the grandmas what food!!!! wow

my grandmother is Italian, She never says bada bing, and all her family is overseas!