Which city has the best public transportation?

Favorite Answer

London

Tube, Buses, DLR, London Overground, Taxis...

• Me

New York City!

Well - I live on an island in the US - It's called Brigantine and it's in New Jersey - I don't drive either, and it has all the amenities you are asking for - I am near everything, including a bus - if I have to go further - I take the bus to a train, etc.(cabs are also readily available) I also lived in Key West, Florida - an island as well - but I don't recommend raising children there(it's a huge party town in the winter) So, my best advice is to find an island, or a good old fashioned small town - they are all over the US. Good Luck!

Munich, Germany!

It has the greatest public transportation but my favorite are the trains taking you anywhere in the same country, and all over the European Union.

Some awesome trains go as fast as 300km per hr... And, this line as all of the others, always have a place to have lunch or dinner or just a drink while you travel, and very comfortable and soooo clean!

In the USA, New York City and San Francisco

in the world, Australia, Tokyo, and London

Source(s): I travel and I read...haven't been to London, but have been to the othet 5...
  • Rahab

All forms of public transportation for the city or just one element of the city's public transportation. If just one element of the public transportation, I would say Washington D.C.'s metrorail system. But I would avoid D.C.'s metro bus system.

London England

Unfortunately, New York...

Unfortunately because it really has the kind of transportation you want but at a cost of $ 2 to $ 2.50 dollars for a single ride, or just one way on a bus or on a subway.

Buses come by "every 3 minutes", and subway trains come by "every 5 to 7 minutes".

Awful place to live in though.

I think there is the best public transportation in Japan.

Toronto Ontario Canada

I think San Francisco, I heard they have some real nice ones and they are now working on a bullet train that goes from there to Los Angeles in I think 3 hours or so, it ususally takes 5 to 6 hours, so yeah, I think San Francisco! But New York is coo too foo!

Love

Pearl