Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會及文化語言 · 1 decade ago

ENG:of,for,about點用

of,for,about點用點解點分架..

我成日都分唔清亂咁用

由其係of同for

Rating
  • Lemon
    Favorite Answer

of

prep.1. ...的,屬於One of the legs of the table is broken.桌子的一條腿壞了。Mr. Brown is a friend of mine.布朗先生是我的朋友。2. 用...做成的;由...製成The house is of stone.這房子是石建的。3. 含有...的;裝有...的4. ...之中的;...的成員Of all the students in this class, Tom is the best.在這個班級中,湯姆是最優秀的。5. (表示同位)He came to New York at the age of ten.他在十歲時來到紐約。6. (表示受格關係)He gave a lecture on the use of solar energy.他就太陽能的利用作了一場講演。7. (表示主格關係)We waited for the arrival of the next bus.我們等待下一班汽車的到來。I have the complete works of Shakespeare.我有莎士比亞全集。8. 來自...的;出自He was a graduate of the University of Hawaii.他是夏威夷大學的畢業生。9. 因為Her son died of hepatitis.她兒子因患肝炎而死。10. 在...方面My aunt is hard of hearing.我姑媽耳朵有點背。11. 【美】(時間)在...之前12. (表示具有某種性質)It is a matter of importance.這是一件重要的事。

for

prep.1. 為,為了They fought for national independence.他們為民族獨立而戰。This letter is for you.這是你的信。2. 代替;代表We used boxes for chairs.我們用箱子當椅子坐。3. 因為,由於I am sorry for what I said to you.我後悔不該對你講那些話。4. 在(指定時間)The meeting is arranged for 9 o'clock.會議安排在九點鐘。5. (表示時間,距離等)達,計You can see for miles from the roof.你站在屋頂上可以看到數英里之外。6. 對於,關於;在...方面I am too old for the job.我年紀太大,做不了這工作。7. 為得到,為贏得He sent the waiter for a packet of cigarettes.他讓侍者去拿一盒香煙。8. 以...為代價;以...交換He sold his car for 500 dollars.他以五百元把車賣了。9. 當作,作為Do you take me for a millionaire?你是不是把我當百萬富翁?10. 贊成;支持;傾向於Are you for the government or against it?你是支持還是反對政府?11. 朝...方向去;往,向He left for Taipei.他出發去臺北。12. 就...而言She is sophisticated for her age.就年齡而言她是世故了一點。conj.1. 因為,由於We must start early, for it will take two hours to drive to the airport.我們得早點動身,因為開車去機場得花兩個小時。

2008-04-11 15:48:34 補充:

about

prep.

1. 關於,對於

My mother often spoke to me about you.

家母常和我談起你。

2. 在...的附近;在...的周圍

She sat up and looked about her.

她坐了起來,環顧四周。

3. 在...的身邊

I had no money about me.

我身邊沒有帶錢。

2008-04-11 15:48:53 補充:

4. 大約在...時候

It happened about 5 o'clock in the morning.

這事發生在早晨約莫五點鐘的時候。

5. 從事於

What the hell are you about?

你到底在做什麼?

6. 在...身上,在...的性格中

What I like about him is his sense of humor.

我喜歡的是他的幽默感。

2008-04-11 15:49:01 補充:

ad.

1. 在四周;到處

She likes to walk about.

她喜愛四處走走。

2. 在附近,在近處

There were few people about.

附近幾乎無人。

3. 大約;幾乎

John is about the same age as Tom.

約翰和湯姆的年齡相仿。

4. 向相反方向

The ship turned about midway.

船在中途掉轉了航向。