What do you think about Michael Johns' elimination from American Idol?

I'm shocked that Michael Johns was eliminated tonight -- although I initially didn't like him all that much, he's grown on me throughout the competition; in all honesty, I believe that he has one of the strongest vocal performances and ranges of all the contestants this season.

While I personally support Brooke White and Jason Castro, I still can't believe that America voted Michael Johns off American Idol before Kristy Lee Cook or Syesha Mercado. Oh, the injustice!

Favorite Answer

Wow... I'm totally shocked. Didn't get a chance to watch it tonight and knew I could find out what happened here. The only reason I can come up with is that, like me, alot of people thought he was safe, because he is so awesome, that they voted for somebody they wanted to save for another week. I voted a ton of times for Jason Castro because I like watching him dance and stuff when they do the group dance. He's just a lot of fun to watch and he's got such a pure personality. Now with Michael (whom I really thought would win the whole thing) getting booted off, I guess I need to rethink my voting strategy and really vote for who I want to win. Now I'm confused as to who that might be. I really thought it was gonna be Michael. I thought top 3 would be him, David Cook or David A and Carly. Although David Cook sang horribly Tuesday night. So, now I guess it's between those last 3. I like Brooke too, but I don't think she's going to get to the top 3. And I really don't like David A, he still has a little maturing to do. He's a very good singer, he just doesn't have the whole package for me. Maybe I'll figure out who I like the best next week and vote for that person from now on.

On Itunes American Idol Studio Version Syesha Mercado is at the bottom of the list @#50 in terms of popularity on downloads. Michael Johns highest ranking is It's All Wrong, But It's All Right American Idol # 8 Kristy Lee Cook God Bless the U.S.A. highest ranking is #30.Michael Johns has three tracks in the top fifteen. I think this is more accurate way to judge the contestants. If you like somebody well enough to buy the song means more than picking up the phone & voting for the underdog a hundred times. I believe Michael song choice half the time didn’t help him either. I though he was GREAT on Its All Wrong But It’s Alright & We Are the Champions-We Will Rock You .

American idol trying to spice things up and get better ratings!

I couldn't close my mouth after they announced that Michael Johns was out. He hadn't been one of my favorites in the beginning, but the he grew on me (exactly like you said) and he did really good once you started looking at it in the right angle. I liked him a lot, and I thought Kristy Lee Cook should have gone. Now, it is time to let her go. There is more talent in the competition.

Kristy Lee Cook should have been gone WEEKS ago. Can you say vote for the worst?!?! Michael is a very talented guy with a bright future ahead of him. Hopefully the end of the road is close for Kristy. I cringe every time she is on the stage!

• ?

i'm nevertheless in ask your self...it is so unhappy! shame on anybody to take it with no attention that he may be secure! that's soooo incorrect! i be responsive to that this season has significantly better skills than final twelve months's (Sanjaya?...nightmare!), yet get actual, Michael grew to become into some distance better than Kristy on her very terrific day (even on his absolute worst day). And he's larger than Shyesha, etc. I do like Carly and picture the judges, properly Simon and Randy, are being somewhat serious of her, and that i specific did no longer think of she could be kicked off, yet while it got here all the way down to the terrific 3...with all that has been mentioned, i presumed it would be her. choose there grew to become right into a thank you to get him back! BTW...did you think of it grew to become into extremely merciless of Ryan to assert the stuff approximately final twelve months and how they did the vote casting on supplies back nighttime...waited till the subsequent week and voted 2 human beings off...then says, properly no longer this time, you're going homestead! What a jerk!

Last night was depressing, and made no sense whatsoever. Michael Johns is so talented, and hopefully will go on to bigger and better things. He should have been in the final two or three. It's all becoming a popularity contest because smaller talent was left on the stage.

Way to kick him when he was down Simon ... didn't he say, "I hope you learned your lesson" or some such nonsense? Perhaps he is jealous of Michael.

american idol is really getting too gimmicky. remember how they surprise us last season that they didn't eliminate anyone on idol gives back week but they first announced that it's gonna be the most shocking elimination night... and now this season, they flippin sent the wrong guy home. ughhh im so mad right now about it. and what the hell is that Kristy Lee still doing there?!?!?

He is probably one of the best singers I've ever heard, America really got it wrong. I've never heard the judges complaining about his singing ability except for the choice of song. No matter what happened i just hope he'll come out with a record, based on his AI performances, he definitely deserves to have one. I just really really hope soon...

yes its unfair!just read what ramiele said about american idol read it here http://americanidolz.blogspot.com/

she said that ai is keeping the contestants that make noise like kristy lee who has sex video,michael johns doesnt have one so he's voted off

Personally his was the best performance of the night, closely followed by David Cooks. I think its pretty safe to say whos gonna win it.....and it really annoys me because as Simon said , its a popularity contest cough david archuleta cough