promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should the theory that Prometheus loved humans enough to bring fire to man be taught in high school physics?

Prometheus loved humans enough to steal fire from Zeus to bring it to mankind. Should that be taught in high school physics?

Shouldnt all religious/scientific theories to be given equal treatment?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I love that story. I also love how he was betrayed by his fellow men when the Gods came looking for him.

No real evidence he ever existed. Still, there isn't any to prove otherwise. Stealing fire from the Gods sound completely unsupportable, but it gives me a warm feeling inside. I say yes, we should give both theories a go in public schools.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Teach physics in a physics class. Teach biology in a biology class. However, let them remain in their fields. They should not venture past their purpose.

If any science subject is used in a public school to advocate the belief that there is no God then the subject has attempted to go further than it can logically go. That is not the job of public school science classes. They are not designed to teach the why of causation.

Many classes take too many liberties.

• 1 decade ago

No, that story works much better in a literature class, in a study of ancient mythology.

Since nobody really BELIEVES in the ancient Roman/Greek gods anymore, their hypotheses on the origins of the world aren't really revelant in current discussions of science and religion.

Besides, the question of "how humans tamed fire" wouldn't come up in a physics class anyway. It would be explored in an ancient history class, if anywhere.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Absolutely! Everyone knows that Prometheus got fire from Zeus. Stop teaching that fire triangle thing to our kids! Now, where did I put that budweiser and Nascar t-shirt?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well of course it should. It's true, so it should be taught. Fire never existed on Earth before Prometheus sacrificed himself to bring us fire.

• 1 decade ago

Thanks, Prometheus!

*waves lit lighter in tribute*

No, I do not believe that spirituallity should be taught in a science class.

It should be taught in a spirituality class.

I am all for a comparative religions class in public education - perhaps it would help us understand the beliefs of others!

Source(s): Yea Bacchus!
  • 1 decade ago

He sacrificed himself and was tortured for us.

Greater Love hath no man seen than Prometheus.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Science is simply the study of the laws of God, or whatever higher being you believe in. It is not necessary to understand this higher deity in order to understand his laws, therefore I say no.

• 1 decade ago

What school do/did you go to where they taught religion in a physics class?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

haha, i love it.

if we give chrisitianity a voice in schools wed have to give all other religions a voice too.

"It's a myth - acknowledged as just a story - not really a religious tenet."

its acknowledged as just a story by those who dont believe it. id be willing to bet some people still believe in the greek gods. so to them it is not just a myth. just like to you the entire christian religion isnt a myth, but to non-christians it is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.