Balrog asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Were you dissapointed with the ending of No country for old men (Warning spoilers)?

In the end of the movie no country for old men i was so suprised that the guy who Anton Shgoor was chasing got killed and never had a chance for a final stand againt Anton, but instead Anton kills everyone and i have to say this is the only movie i can remember where the bad guy wins outright and clear like that. Was anyone dissapointed in the ending?

Johnny342 i know that does suck

Favorite Answer

at first I was like wtf?

but now I like it.

you have to decide for yourself

Source(s): www . care2 . com

I loved the ending to this movie. So many times we have clear cut endings to movies and there is nothing left to the imagination of the viewer. Not so with this movie. Did Anton get caught walking down the street? Did he kill anyone else? This was a haunting movie and the ending had you leaving the theater feeling the same way you felt in the middle of the movie. Creepy.

I was really disappointed that the guy was on the phone with Anton and was acting tough, like you thought he was actually gonna beat him, and then they didn't even show the confrontation!! He was just DEAD all of the sudden!!

I thought it was interesting that he killed his wife because he "gave him his word." That's cold.

And the car crash thing confused me, I posted a question here about it haha.

Surprising but not disappointing. It's an American thing to want a happy ending to everything, you know the original ending for Pretty Woman had her back on the streets and him back to NY? They changed it for the american audience.

It was hugely refreshing anyway and I liked that it didn't have all the loose ends wrapped up. I was surprised that Llewelyn was killed not by Shigur. I'm sure Shigur felt quite cheated. I really liked it.

I was annoyed mainly, because of the very bad sound proofing the cinema had, and I could hear the ending of There Will Be Blood (lots of shouting, and music) over the final monologue bit.

So I couldnt really concentrate on that, and it passed me by completely.

I was annoyed.

In the Hollywood factory that constantly churns out fictional enjoyable entertainment where there is almost always confrontational climatic showdowns where the good guys always win, it is "interesting" and somewhat "refreshing" to see a film that defies the norm and actually gives us a hard dose of reality.

What did you want to happen? I mean, did you want the good guy to actually be alive and save his wife at the beginning? Was it supposed to end like every other movie?

I didn't mind the ending so much.

Honestly, it was like the anti-twist ending. The only good guy just retired. There was no big reveal or anything. It was genuine.

That whole movie sucked. It was long and boring. I actually liked the ending. That was the only part of the movie I did like.

Yes! Very disappointing ending!