Can a brother join salaat of a brother who joined salaat late himself?

Lets say person A enters a jama' prayer late, so after they say "asalaam u aleikum" he rises to finish his prayers. If I enter the room now and see him praying, can I join him and will it count as Fard prayer?

Sorry everyone, I hate to ask such detailed questions I just don't know the answer. Thanks for your inputs. Does anyone have any Islamic references which outline specifics such as these in Salaat?

Best Answer

I think the answer is no, because I think Jama' can only be considered when the Salah has been started with an intention for Jama' behind a specific Imam. The brother that joined the original Jama' late intended to join for that Salah, and not to be an Imam.

This is a very difficult question. You'd be best off asking an Imam.

What RKO said, it'd be better to just join with other latecomers or pray by yourself. I've never heard of a Jama' being formed off of the original Jama'.

Source(s): You can read this for details of congregation Salah, but it does not have an answer to this specific question: http://muslim-canada.org/fiqhch19.htm

Sure you can.. Just pat him in the back to let know that you want to be a masbuk and wanting him as an Imam..

But it is more strongly suggested this way - if you're about to enters a Jama'ah as a masbuk but turns out it was already finish (they already do the final tahiyat 'Assalamualaikum'), then you should form a new Jama'ah with a new Imam you could become a makmum rather than a masbuk..

FYI (just in case no errybody knows..):

- Imam: the person who leads the prayers in front.

- Makmum: the followers of the prayers from the begining, means they don't follow late.

- Masbuk: the late followers who doesn't join the Jama'ah from begining.. if the Imam already finish an Al-Fatiha, then you join.. you are a masbuk.. then you should do the late raka'at after the Imam finishes.

Hope this helps..

just pray the sala brother by your self why are you complicating it

edit, ok after you explained yes you can join that person

edit, next time you go to jumma prayer and your late ask the imam of that mosque,good idea ha

i would suggest you ask your local imam, as most of us (including me) are not qualified to answer, although i do not think you can join someone who is finishing up their salah, after the congregation has finished, because when someone is finishing up their salah, they pray alone

• IMK

I don't know, ok?

LOL very good question.

It would not be recommended; why go through all that confusion?

just pray it by yourself or join with other latecomers

• HMS

Yes! and both get the ajur of Jamaah!

Boy how old are you?

Mama needs to put you across her knees and spank you in the butt with a high heel shoe.

The late brother can take a hike. He was late because he spent the night clubbing and getting drunk. That's why late comers are late comers. Duh.