Christians...according to the Bible married rape victims should be killed, along with their attacker...?

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife. Deuteronomy... show more If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says that single rape victims are to marry thier attacker, who has to pay her father 50 pieces of silver.

How can anyone get thier moral guidance from a book that allows one of the most heinous crimes imaginable?
Update: Actually the exact verse is... If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. 22:28-29 As a rape victim, I can say being forced to... show more Actually the exact verse is...
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. 22:28-29
As a rape victim, I can say being forced to marry my attacker would be a punishment to me. All this verse is saying is that women are property and the man has to pay her father because now she is "damaged goods" and he can't sell her to who he wants. How is that distorted thinking?
Update 2: And yes it is OT, but the OT is still part of the Bible. If it is irrelevant now, why include it? Why do Christian churches still use it's scriptures in service?

Exodus 22:18 is also OT but that doesn't stop Christians from using it against Pagans.
26 answers 26