Naz asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Best movie quote?

what's your favourite movie quote? and by who?

52 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Say hello to my little friend"

Al Pacino, Scarface

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Godfather - Story of Vito Corleone by Michael Corleone

Michael: ...Well when Johnny was first starting out, he was signed to a personal services contract with this big-band leader. And as his career got better and better he wanted to get out of it. But the band leader wouldn't let him. Now, Johnny is my father's godson. So my father went to see this bandleader and offered him $10,000 to let Johnny go, but the bandleader said no. So the next day, my father went back, only this time with Luca Brasi. Within an hour, he had a signed release for a certified check of $1000.

Kay Adams: How did he do that?

Michael: My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Kay Adams: What was that?

Michael: Luca Brasi held a gun to the bandleader's head, and my father assured him that either his signature or his brains would be on the release.

V for Vendetta Quote by V

V: The only thing that you and I have in common, Mr. Creedy, is we're both about to die.

Creedy: How do you imagine that's gonna happen?

V: With my hands around your neck.

Creedy: B*****ks. Whatchya gonna do, huh? We've swept this place. You've got nothing. Nothing but your bl**dy knives and your fancy karate gimmicks. We have guns.

V: No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

Creedy: That's impossible. Kill him.

[the fingermen open fire on V, but he still stands after their clips are empty]

V: My turn.

[V proceeds to kill all fingermen with his knives before they manage to reload]

Creedy: [desperately shooting at the approaching V] Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?

V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

The Three Musketeers: Porthos

Henchmen: It's Porthos the Pirate! AAAAH!

[the henchmen jump overboard]

D'Artagnan: Pirate?

Porthos: I told you I was famous.

This is just three of my favourites otherwise i would be here all day typing out quotes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There's so many! Here's a few of my faves:

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." - Rhett Butler (Clark Gable), Gone with the Wind

"Oh, I'm sorry - did I break your concentration?" Jules (Samuel L Jackson), Pulp Fiction

"A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around!" Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

"Why do they call him the Bullet-Dodger?" Avi (Dennis Farina) "'Cause he dodges bullets, Avi." Bullet Tooth Tony (Vinnie Jones), Snatch

"That reminds me, Marty. You better not hook up to the amplifier. There's a slight possibility of overload." Dr Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd), Back to the Future

That's all I can remember at the moment!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"I have to return some video tapes"

- Patrick Bateman, American Psycho

I love it! It's such an obvious lie, but he uses it all the time and really doesn't seem to care if anyone gets offended.

For the uninitiated, he always uses this as an excuse to make a fast exit from any social situation he finds tedious. He says it so casually, almost mocking the listener and defying him to call him on his lie.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. And I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect, I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and for me, that has always been enough. (Duke – The Notebook)

• Tracy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Don't call me Shirley -Leslie Nielson Airplane (1980) Tell him about the twinkie-Winston Zeddemore Ghostbusters (1984)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My favorite movie quote is by kirsten dunst in the marie antionette movie, where she says, "Let Them Eat Cake." But it's more of how she says it, is why i like it. She says it with a sarcastic laughter tone.

• 1 decade ago

What? Like the back of a Volkswagen? - Mallrats

And the best one of all:

'The Almighty says this must be a fashionable fight it has drawn the finest people'

'Where is thy solute'

'for presenting yourselves on this battlefield i give you thanks'

'This is our army, to join it you give homich'

'I give homich to scotland, and if this is your army, why does it leave?'

'We didnae come here to fight for them'

'Holt the english are too many'

'Sons of Scotland, i am William Wallace'

' William Wallace is 7 feet tall'

'Yes i've heard, kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here, he'd consume the english with fire bolts from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his ****, i am William Wallace and i see a whole army of my country men here in the fience of tereny you've come to fight as free men and freemen you are. What will you do with that freedom, will you fight?'

' Fight? Against that! No, We will run and we will live'

' Aye, fight and you'll die, run and you'll live, atleast a while and dying in your beds many years from now would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!'

If you don't know what that's from, I'm not going to tell you.

• 1 decade ago

"This job would be great if it weren't for the ****ing customers"

Randal Graves - Clerks

or

"Oh it's get worse, I was going to propose to her."

"Where?"

"The Universal Tour."

"You're kidding, what part?"

"When Jaws pops out of the water."

"That's the most romantic thing I've ever heard."

Jeremy London and Jason Lee - Mallrats

• 1 decade ago

Whoooooahhhhhh!

Al Pacino-Scent of a Woman

• 1 decade ago

"Good times, noodle salad." Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets.

"The dishes are done, man!" Keith Coogan in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.

"But why is the rum gone?" Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.