Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

did Colin Powell comments undercut John McCain?

Powell's comments in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America" seemed to undercut Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting John McCain's position that the U.S.

Favorite Answer

What people don't understand is that Colin Powell was against the Iraq war from the beginning. Early on, he told Bush "If you break it, you own it." He knew what would happen if we destabilized the region with our invasion. But he was used and abused by the Cheney-Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz triumvirate and finally had to leave to maintain his sanity. His statements should undermine McCain, but people who are still for the war will just ignore them.

• Banker

Yes.

Colin Powell gave great service while in the Military. He has been less than stellar in civilian life. He talks a tough line but then can't follow through "find the snake and cut off its head", Desert Storm. He is the one who should have captured

Bin Laden. Everyone was so impressed with his demeanor, again wanting to be proud of a black American. He can only look good and give a good speech. Obama is an echo of that character.

McCain should call Powell every day and thank him for not running for president....Powell would have handed mcCain his a**.......I'm a die-hard Democrat...and I would seriously have considered voting for Powell had he run...Powell was the only one in government who wasn't completely full of s**t....so I'd pay much more heed to what he has to say than whatever that alzheimer's patient McCain says.

Both are very decent and respectful men. I feel sure Mr McCain and Mr Powell can talk and and respect each others feeling. I can not see either one, of them trying to discredit each other. Both have different opinions, and I feel they both have Americas interest at heart. two good men they are.

No, Mr. McCain can stand alone w/o Powells support!

• Pask

Powell should have been president. All I have to say.

McCain can't tell the different between the Sunnis and the Shi ites - do you really want this guy occupying anything?

Not at all. He never chose sides and said the obvious about troop levels. In fact the mission in Iraq is proving McCain right with each passing day. 13-18 benchmarks reached, Provincial Elections scheduled, and reconciliation has begun. Democrats hate to see the success but no one can seem to dispute that success is actually happening. Now the democrats cry cost of the war is too high, no longer are they claiming we can not win it.

No, it is all about discussion, and determining the right way of doing things. McCain always takes other opinions into consideration....he's not a cowboy, despite your preconceived notions.

powell better line up with his brothers wright and asama