Not on 1st or 2nd mortgage, not on title, not on any note, on security deed w/2nd mtg, am I liable or my ex?

My name only appears on the securtiy deed that the 2nd mortgage holder has. Don't even remember signing it or why I would have. My ex is on everything . . . am I still responsible? More specifically, the 2nd wants to foreclose on the property (which I do not reside at), and naming me in the foreclosure. I was unaware I was even tied into it until they sent the notice with my name addresses on it WITH my ex! Am I responsible for this debt? Am I facing having a foreclosure against me simply because I'm linked by a security deed . . . even though I am NOT on ANY note/finance docs or TITLE?

Best Answer

It depends on when he bought the home.....were you already married?

AND....

Do you live in a community property state? If you do, then yes, community property includes homes.

I particularly have by no potential seen plenty element interior the Bible than interior the area of judgment. yet that's this very undertaking the place this kind of great kind of human beings, Christians secure, get it so incorrect. listed under are in trouble-free terms some uncomplicated innovations. A Christian is by no potential to ex-talk or condemn - Matthew 7:a million A Christian is to no longer choose a non-Christian - a million Corinthians 5:13 A Christian IS think to choose somebody claiming to be a believer - a million Corinthians 5:12 A non-believer's judgment contains no weight with God - a million Corinthians 2:15 The Christian is judged on a regular basis proper now, the non-believer later - a million Peter 4:17 via fact the believer's previous nature is ineffective and is born back in Christ, the tip judgment will no longer prepare. - John 5:24

Not if you did not sign the notes. Most states require the spouse to sign the deed or mortgage due to marital rights laws. But if you are not on the promissary note you are not going to have a foreclosure on your credit- and are not responsible for payment.

Source(s): 22 years mortgage business.

Hi,

I used "Credit Solution" to settle my debt and improve my credit score.They managed to reduce my debt up to 58% .It's legitimate.I came across this company on NBC News Special Edition.Check it out here:

http://memurl.com/furetu

I would seek legal advice from an attorney, this question seems more about law