gannoway asked in SportsTennis · 1 decade ago

Roger Federer is trying to break Pete Sampras record. Is he going to do it before Tiger Woods is going to?

break Jack Nicklaus record? Who's going to be first?

Tiger is 5 behind Jack. 13 to 18...

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Oh okay thanks for the additional info, I'll change my answer. I think Tiger will definitely break the Nicklaus record before Roger breaks the Sampras record. I'm pretty sure allot of majors are close together in time than the grandslams are and Tiger is just unstoppable, so he'll definitely get his name written in the history books. I cannot wait to see Tiger put on the green jacket this weekend. But Roger will break that Sampras record this year, I completely believe it.

I think woods will break the record first for sure. Federer is going through a slump lately and seems to be getting bored or old. Woods is on a tear. Tiger seems unstoppable lately. If things keep on going the way they are then woods could win the next 5 majors. He is on FIRE!

• Dr D

Well dee dee da. Talking about being optimistic. Federer isn't winning any grandslams this year. I say Tiger will do it first. He's been ahead of Federer in that race for a long time, and now Federer is in a slump. And I recently saw Tiger hit a bouncing shot ON the lake. Federer can't even beat Roddick or Fish.

Maybe this year, if not, next year. But at the rate that something is not so right with Fed, Tiger might break his goal first before Fed does with his.

But if Fed will fully recover from his mononucleosis thing, pretty even stevens, man. May the best sportsman with a better luck than the other do it first. But best, if both make it, neck to neck tie. Both Kings are me idols.

I don't know about Tiger but Roger Federer is definitely going to break Pete's record by June 2009 and he is going to make a record of his own. He said that he is going to play tennis till 35, so even if he gets one grandslam in an year, that says for itself. He does not have to be number one to break Pete's record. He needs to forget about the numbers game and concentrate on winning the slam which has eluded him so far. He is down, but not out and it is time for him to show the world who he is. Go Roger!

• ?

Federer.

i say Tiger Woods will accomplish the feat first.. he is looking better this year, fedex still in slump..

Tiger!!!!!

• john

tiger would do it earlier