What are some good teen/young adult books?

I've ran out of good books to read.

I like romance, horror, or drama books. An occasional fantasy book is good too.

Update:

A short summary of the book would be good.

Update 2:

Wow, lots of recommendations for the Twilight series... I'm already reading it c:

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The Clique Series by Lisi Harrison:

5 girls are forming a clique, the fashion forward and Alpha status leader being Massie Block. Claire Lyons, a middle-class girl from Florida, moves to Westchester, NY and attends a private girls day school full of snobby, spoiled teenagers. Claire's parents are friends with Massie Block's parents and the well-meaning parents try to encourage the girls towards a friendship. The girls may never be real friends but they eventually reach an understanding about each other. Along the way are plenty of mean-spirited pranks and hurt feelings.

The It Girl-

After being kicked out of a prep school for indecency and a scandal with a rock band, Jenny Humphrey decides to create a new image for herself at Waverly, an elite boarding school for rich kids. Gossip from her former life follows her all the way to Waverly, and before classes start, Jenny's already fighting against her past. Callie and Brett, Jenny's roommates and upperclassmen, are in a fight because of an incident that landed last year's third roommate--the girl Jenny replaced, Tinsley--with expulsion. After Jenny gets caught in her dorm with Callie's boyfriend, the Disciplinary Committee may have to make an example of her and expel her from Waverly. New Jenny struggles to keep her head above water when the Waverly Owls threaten to peck her eyes out. The bratty rich kids of Waverly buck their parents, their teachers, and one another to keep the drama constant and the relationships steaming. Parties and other wild events take priority over education at Waverly. Jenny likes boarding school life--it's all she's ever hoped for, so she decides to overcome her past, even if it won't go away. With a racy and surprising cheer at a school event, Jenny shows the whole student body what she's made of, and she becomes the girl of her dreams--the new Jenny--the IT girl.

Gossip Girl-

The Gossip Girl series revolves around a group of six teenagers, three of them living on the sophisticated and old moneyed Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City. They gossip, do drugs, and drink, but they also deal with sex and relationship problems. These characters attend elite private single-sex schools, where their lives are watched by an unseen character who runs a blog about them, and is always on the lookout for the scoop on everything and everyone. These characters are Blair Waldorf, Serena van der Woodsen, and Nate Archibald, as well as their scholarship student counterparts Dan Humphrey, Jenny Humphrey, and Vanessa Abrams.

The private girls' school of the series, Constance Billard School for Girls, is based on the author's alma mater, the Nightingale-Bamford School. "The school is completely based on Nightingale," von Ziegesar told ABC News. "But I exaggerated to make it more entertaining.

Enjoy!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Some of my favorite books are the Twilight Series which is about a 17 year old girl, Bella Swan, who moves to Forks, WA and falls in love with a vampire, Edward Cullen. The books are amazing, and even if you aren't into vampires, I would definitely recomend there books.

Another good series is the Alex Rider series. Its about a young teenage boy, Alex Rider, who discovered his uncle that was recently killed was a spy for the M16. Alex gets caught in all these crazy evil schemes where he ends up saving the day. Very action packed!

The Artemis Fowl series is also very good. Its about a 13 year old criminal genious, Artemis Fowl, who sets out to expose the fairy world to gain enourmous riches! It's a good book with action, fantasy, obviously, and just plain goodness!

The last series I'll mention is the Stravaganza series. Its mainly about a boy named Lucien, who is sick with cancer in his hometown of London. His dad gets him a notebook to write down what he wants to say instead of saying it, and when Lucien falls asleep with the book, he is transported to another universe, Talia. There he discoverd he is a straviganti, a person who can travel between world and the dangers of the diChimici family who wants to expose the straviganti. One of my all time favorite series!

• 4 years ago

The Hunger Games by way of Suzanne Collins The Mortal Instruments by way of Cassandra Clare A Great and Terrible Beauty by way of Libba Bray Vampire Academy by way of Richelle Mead The Host by way of Stephenie Meyer(not anything like twilight, believe me..this publication is mighty simply get via the primary facet of it- its kinda dull then however its valued at it!) The Darkest Powers by way of Kelley Armstrong The Maze Runner ( particularly well publication) by way of James Dashner Maximum Ride by way of James Patterson The Mediator sequence by way of Meg Cabot

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I LOVE the

twilight series by stephenie meyer

private series by kate brian

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im not sure if you have read this or not, but if you haven't, you NEED to read th twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. its about a 16 year old girlwho moves to washington to live with her dad, and mmets this odd boy at her school. she starts to fall for him and finds out that he is a vampire. they fall in love and go through a bunch of obstacles.

• 1 decade ago

Son of Interflux

it's about a 16 year old kid and his dad's the president of this huge company and he gets accepted in this art school. his dad then wats to tear down his school to make room for a new warehouse for his company!

• 1 decade ago

TWILIGHT SERIES BY STEPHENIE MEYER!!!

BEST BOOK YOU'LL READ ALL YEAR!!!

Check out her website..

www.stepheniemeyer.com

If that doesn't work search for her on google!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.