my husband lost his job because he was taking money?

the job offered on site living so when he lost his job we were homeless. He has a gambling problem and has lost great deals of money. I left him and moved home and took his car and our 2 yr old daughter with me. He has no job and lives with his aunt. Am i wrong for leaving him with out transportation? I am also 4 months pregnant and a former foster child. Can I be wrong?

Favorite Answer

He had NO problem with his actions leaving you homeless. You did the right thing by leaving him. You shouldn't have to live in poverty due to HIS gambling!! You did the right thing for your daughter.. Someone needed to.

Source(s): Good luck with this...

You need to do what is best for you and the children. His job was to help take care of his family. He can't be trusted with money and he has a real addiction problem. You did the right thing. You need the car since you are pregnant and have a daughter who will need you to feed her and take her to the doctor...he doesn't have a job and certainly doesn't need a car to get to his gambling. Stay strong.

• mimzy

How can you be wrong? You've done what you had to do. You didn't lose great deals of money. You didn't take food out of your families' mouth to gamble. Why leave him with a car - he'll just sell it and use the money for something other than for the family. You are right to do what you did - and you are a strong person. Stand by your decision. It is not only for you, but your children.

I am not quite sure how the fact that you were a foster child plays into your question, but no. You were not wrong to leave him. He only has himself to blame for his current situation. You should not feel guilty for looking out for yourself and your children. He obviously has a real problem with gambling if he was stealing from his employer. If you want to try to make things work with him, you should give him an ultimatum...tell him that he must religiously attend counseling and gambler's anonymous and show signs of progress before you try to start living together again.

I think that people give up on their marriages too easily, so if you think that he is capable of change, give him a chance. If not, try to make a new life for you and your children.

I hope this helps!

I can understand your situation. I really do. All the stress of money and the loss, its not good for your health. It is pretty bad to end your relationship on such terms, but I think what you have done is right temporarily.

Talk to him and let him you are here for him. He needs your support and leaving him with his aunt won't help. Definately for your unborn child. Let him find a job and get back on track. If your paernts don't mind you living with them for a while, then great. Wait until he is back on his own two feet and then move back in. Also you need to work on your problems right now rahter than walking way from them.

• Are you wrong? He has no job. Granted he needs to find one to support his daughter, by my guess would be with a gambling addiction, paying for things that should be paid for are the last thing on his list of priorities. You should have taken the car. What if your daughter needs to go to the pediatrician's office. What about your appointments with the obstetrician's.. Keep the car, never look back..

If you left him the car, he'd probably lose it. Not sure what your being a former foster child has to do with this situation, but it doesn't sound like you'll be getting child support.

You did the right thing. He has a lot of issues to work out before he can be a responsible husband and father. Until he gets the help he needs, you stay put where you are. I know it's hard, but it's important. You have yourself and your children to think about.

Think! Think real hard. Do you think it would be good for your children to live out in the streets just so your husband can have a car? Women are made to believe that we always have to put our men above our children no matter what; but in a situation like this, you have put your babies first. Sorry.

I am going to be the unpopular poster and say that yeah, it was wrong for you to take his car. Because it's HIS car. I understand that you need it, but that doesn't justify stealing someone else's personal property.