Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

The Giver by Lois Lowry?

I just asked a question on this... but I have another.

What events lead to Jonas and the Giver deciding that they needed to give the memories back to the Community?

That's it. Please don't give me anything from BookRags... I looked all through it, but I couldn't find anything on this.

Thanks!

I already read it like twice. Only I don't have my book, and I'm trying to study from an online source.

Best Answer

Since they have never experienced real suffering, they also cannot appreciate the real joy of life, and the life of individual people seems less precious to them. In addition, no one in Jonas’s community has ever made a choice of his or her own. Jonas grows more and more frustrated with the members of his community, and the Giver, who has felt the same way for many years, encourages him. The two grow very close, like a grandfather and a grandchild might have in the days before Sameness, when family members stayed in contact long after their children were grown.

Um, it's been a while, but I think that Jonas' personal life largely influenced his decision to give the memories back. But various interactions with outside colonies also gave him the idea.

well lets see i belive it was the fact that jonas and the giver decided it was not fair that the communtiy didnt get to have any memroies and and also didnt thinks it was fair that only 1 person had to hold down all the memroies of the famine and war and evrything else.

Source(s): me i read this for 8th grade which is the grad im still in +D
  • :D

Jonas did not want all the givers and recivers to get all the burden. and u should read the book - its really interesting