I got this email from the irs and I need to know if its spam or fake..?

It came from services@irs.gov

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have

determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $2839,49.

Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 3-9 days in order to

process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons.

For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access your tax refund, please click here

Best Regards,

Tax Refund Deparment

Internal Revenue Service

Is there someone that I can speak to at irs about this to confirm it??

heres the link to.. hope it works.. It takes me to the official irs site when I click on the click here...

http://us.f379.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=...

Favorite Answer

Scam. The IRS ONLY sends written correspondence. Period. Any other means of communication is a scam.

Take a look at the below site for more information

(the first example of an actual phishing email at the bottom of the page is exactly what you were sent)

SCAM! Do not click on the link! If you want to call the IRS, call 800-829-1040. The above answerer is correct, the IRS does not email people - although I did sign up for Alerts, so I receive Notices and information from them all of the time. But, this type of correspondence would only come in the mail from the real IRS. Don't fall for it. It's like how I win the International Lottery about 3 times a week. I do not play the lottery. Scammers know people need money and play on their hopes.

Sorry to tell you, but the e-mail is a fake. The IRS only communicates in writing, not by e-mail, as far as I know. In addition, there is not a Refund Department, per se. However, if you still have doubts, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. Be prepared to wait a long time before you speak to someone as they are swamped this time of the year.

IRS DOES NOT SEND E-MAIL HERE IS "What to Do"

Anyone wishing to access the IRS Web site should initiate contact by typing the IRS.gov address into their Internet address window, rather than clicking on a link in an e-mail or opening an attachment.

Those who have received a questionable e-mail claiming to come from the IRS may forward it to a mailbox the IRS has established to receive such e-mails, phishing@irs.gov, using instructions contained in an article titled “How to Protect Yourself from Suspicious E-Mails or Phishing Schemes.” Following the instructions will help the IRS track the suspicious e-mail to its origins and shut down the scam. Find the article by visiting IRS.gov and entering the words “suspicious e-mails” into the search box in the upper right corner of the front page.

Those who have received a questionable telephone call that claims to come from the IRS may also use the phishing@irs.gov mailbox to notify the IRS of the scam.

The IRS has issued previous warnings on scams that use the IRS to lure victims into believing the scam is legitimate. More information on identity theft, phishing and telephone scams using the IRS name, logo or spoofed (copied) Web site is available on this Web site. Enter the terms “phishing,” “identity theft” or “e-mail scams” into the search box in the upper right corner of the front page.

Source(s): WWW.IRS.GOV

The IRS will NEVER send an email. This has been on the news alot lately. SCAM. Trying to steal your identity.

• Judy

Absolutely a scam, a fake. Don't respond. It takes you to a scam site - it just claims to be the IRS site.

Obviously a SCAM.

$2839,49. - Non-US use of comma instead of decimal point.

"Deparment" - Spelling Error

Tax Refund Deparment - The IRS doesn't have one!!

Just delete it.

WZ