Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Oh Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, help me through my times of need!?

Nope, just can't do it, it just doesn't feel right asking Mary. Asking Jesus to help me feels much better. :)

Best Answer

Amen!

Your question above about "Queen of Heaven, it isn't in the Bible" is a set-up, since Catholics are not a sola scriptura church. They believe in the Bible and in the Traditions, following St. Paul's directive to follow what he has written and what he has taught them. Sola Scriptura churches follow only the written word. Long before the biblical canon was established, there were prayers to and for the dead Christians on the Roman catacomb graves, and they are still there. ******* "Think of Jesus as the great transmission tower builder to the great beyond."? Oh crap, now I'm gonna laugh and say, "Look, it's Jesus!" every time I see one of those cell towers disguised as a tree.

Dear Friend,

It's more than a feeling, it's a "knowing." Jesus is our Savior, Redeemer and lover of our soul.

Mary was equipped and used by God for her specific purpose. God tells us in His Word not to have any other gods BEFORE Him. If we worship Mary, or anyone, or anything else for that matter... we are worshipping "other" gods.

Christianity is not a feeling or a religion. It is a "personal" relationship with the "living" Person of Jesus Christ. There is no other name but the Name of Jesus. He is the "only" One who took my place on that horrible cross, and there is none other "worthy" to pray to and worship.

People are not to trust their "feelings." They are not reliable (always changing), and Satan uses them against us.

God's Word is His "Instruction Manual" for us to live an abundant life. It is also His "Love Letter" to us. It is all about obedience to His Word; and if it isn't in His Word...it is not absolute truth.

The purpose for our existence is to bring praise, honor and glory to the living person of Jesus Christ, no one else. Period!

Praise be to the "Lamb of God." Jesus Christ.

Mary's last words in the Bible are:

John 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

She was speaking of JESUS CHRIST

In fact these following statements are the sum total of everything Mary said in the Holy Bible

Luke 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Luke 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

John 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

I see nothing that says, believe in Mary, trust in Mary, Pray to Mary, Mary is the queen of Heaven

Mary was a fine woman, but she is NOT to be exalted and she is NOT the mother of God.

In fact the Bible is clear about what Mary was:

Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

highly favoured, blessed art thou amoung women.

Mary gave birth to a vessel, that the Son of God came a dwelled in for 33 1/2 years, this is why the scripture in so definite NOT to say "the baby Jesus" what the scripture does says in that "Holy thing". It was not the Son of God, it was called the Son of God.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

And then the book of Hebrews explains that it was a special body prepared for crucifying, that is how the nails could of been driven in the palms of the hands and support the weight, because it was specially prepared.

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Source(s): 34 yrs. of Studying the KJV Bible

Amen. I am glad Mary is not here on this earth to see how they have distorted her name and the gospel.

Source(s): King James Holy Bible
  • Ruth

They are both wrong, read Matthew 6:9

Jesus is teaching us how to pray in this scripture.

Our father who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name.

Thy kingdom come thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts as we forgive others.

And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.

then it says to always ask our prayers in the name of Jesus.

so a finishing conclusion would go something like this.

"I ask it all in the name of Jesus Christ, are ransomer and redeemer."

Good for you.

Why don't you worship and pray in the way that feels right for you and give others the same courtesy.?

It is a testament to what kind of Christian a person is when they attack other Christians.

• Char

Mary was the holiest woman who ever lived. But she was still a mortal woman. I pray directly to Jesus Himself. I have no need for a human intercessor.

<><

YAY!! "Tiger of Judah"!! Amen! (NOWHERE in The Holy Living Word does Jesus even call Mary "mother"!! He always called her "woman"!!) <')))><

I'm right with ya. I'd rather go straight to the savior.