ally t asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

why did people not like the movie "Meet the spartans"? really thought it was funny.?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it was rubbish

The film received extremely negative reviews from critics. As of March 22, 2008, the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reported that 2% of critics gave the film positive reviews, based on 41 reviews Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 9 out of 100, based on 11 reviews — indicating "extreme dislike or disgust" and being the worst received film by the director on the site.One reviewer in The Sunday Herald gave the film a score of zero, while an Australian newspaper review described it as being "as funny as a burning orphanage". The Times reviewer Wendy Ide suggested that the producers of the film were not aiming for 'laughs' but 'a simian grunt of recognition from an audience that must have been practically brain-dead to fork out £10 to see a film that can’t even master the concept of out-takes?'. Critic Daniel Etherington said "The comedy in this film scrapes the bottom of the barrel so vigorously it digs a hole right through into the ground."

Most of the film's criticism consisted of not having actual jokes, but more of pop-culture references. Several recurring gags were criticized for being overused, such as throwing various celebrities down the Pit of Death or the ambiguous homosexuality of the Spartans. The over extended end credits were also criticized.

• 1 decade ago

When i was watching the movie first it was funny but in less then 5 minutes kinda got lame. The movie was trying to force you to laugh and it was trying too hard. And you really can't laugh for an hour and a half non stop. There was something funny every minute so boredom kicked in fast. If you want to see a decent comedy i would recommend Euro Trip.

• 1 decade ago

It wasnt funny. The first 20 minutes were funny but after that it seemed like they were just repeating the same jokes over and over

• 1 decade ago

Well it wasn't that bad I actually thought it was quite funny. But must say Superhero movie was better. compared to crap that came out in the recent years in the same category this was ok.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DEVIL
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It sucks. And so did Date Movie and Epic Movie. Superhero Movie was OK, but Scary Movie rules all of them.

• 1 decade ago

I really want to see it, but my hubby thinks it looks really stupid!

I love those kinds of ridiculously stupid movies :p

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because it did

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.