Worship On Wednesday! Christians, is there more than...?

... one way to worship and give praise to God?

Acts 3:8

And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

Favorite Answer

Yes there are numerous ways to praise God. Some of them even have names! Here are a few

1.YADAH - yaw-daw - to worship with the extended hand. The giving of oneself in worship and adoration. To lift your hands unto the Lord. It carries the meaning of absoulute surrender as a young child does to a parent - "pick me up, I'm all yours". Scriptures: Gen. 29:35, 2 Chron. 7:6, 20:21, Psalms 9:1, 28:7, Psalms 33:2, 42:5,11, 49:18, Isaiah 12:1

3034 yadah (yaw-daw'); a primitive root; used only as denominative from 3027; literally, to use (i.e. hold out) the hand; physically, to throw (a stone, an arrow) at or away; especially to revere or worship (with extended hands); intensively, to bemoan (by wringing the hands):

KJV-- cast (out), (make) confess (-ion), praise, shoot, (give) thank (-ful, -s, -sgiving).

to throw, to shoot, to cast

a) (Qal) to shoot (arrows)

b) (Piel) to cast, to cast down, to throw down

c) (Hiphil)

1) to give thanks, to laud, praise

2) to confess, to confess (the name of God)

d) (Hithpael)

1) to confess (sin)

2) to give thanks

Yadah in practice - Lift my hands to Him and say how I am surrendering myself to Him. List the ways that I am surrendering to Him. Be diligent. Be disciplined. Be specific. Take the discipline and SAY to the Lord how I am surrendering to Him. With my hands uplifted - surrender unto my God - spirit, soul & body. Totally commit myself to my father.

2.TEHILLAH -teh-hil-law- to sing, to laud. A spontaneous new song. Singing from a melody in your heart by adding words to it. This refers to a special kind of singing-it is singing unprepared, unrehearsed songs. Brings tremendous unity to the body of Christ. Singing straight to God. Can move into tehilah anytime. Singing it the second time would be ZAMAR. It is the praise that God inhabits (sits enthroned on)(Psalm 22:3) God manifests Himself in the mids of exuberant singing.

Scripture: Psalms 22:3, 34:1, 40:3, 66:2, 2 Chronicles 20:22

8416 tehillah (teh-hil-law'); from 1984; laudation; specifically (concretely) a hymn: KJV-- praise.

praise, a song or a hymn of praise

a) praise, adoration, thanksgiving (paid to God)

b) the act of general or public praise

c) a praise-song (as a Hebrew title)

d) praise (demanded by qualities or deeds or attributes of God)

e) renown, fame, glory

1) used of Damascus , God

2) an object of praise, a possessor of renown (figurative)

3.BARAK - baw-rak - To kneel or to bow. To give reverence to God as an act of adoration. It implies to continual conscious giving place to God. Blessing the Lord, extolling virtue. There is a sense of kneeling and blessing God as an act of adoration in the word BARAK. Physical application - To bow, kneel or to do this with the intent in my heart that He is my KING and I yield to HIM. I am acknowledging Him as KING and GOD. SONG: BLESS THE LORD Scripture: Psalm 103 tells us how to bless the Lord and then goes on to enumerate those blessings: loving kindness, satisfaction redemption, honor, renewal. We bless the Lord by remembering all of these things.

1288 barak (baw-rak'); a primitive root; to kneel; by implication to bless God (as an act of adoration), and (vice-versa) man (as a benefit); also (by euphemism) to curse (God or the king, as treason):

KJV-- X abundantly, X altogether, X at all, blaspheme, bless, congratulate, curse, X greatly, X indeed, kneel (down), praise, salute, X still, thank.

1) to bless, to kneel

a) (Qal)

1) to kneel

2) to bless

b) (Niphal) to be blessed, to bless oneself

c) (Piel) to bless

d) (Pual) to be blessed, to be adored

e) (Hiphil) to cause to kneel

f) (Hithpael) to bless oneself

2) Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament: to praise, to salute, to curse

4.HALAL

Scripture: 1 Chron. 16:4, 23:5,30, 25:3, 29:13, Neh. 12:24 (this word appears over 110 times in the OT)

1984 halal (haw-lal'); a primitive root; to be clear (orig. of sound, but usually of color); to shine; hence, to make a show, to boast; and thus to be (clamorously) foolish; to rave; causatively, to celebrate; also to stultify:

KJV-- (make) boast (self), celebrate, commend, (deal, make), fool (-ish, -ly), glory, give [light], be (make, feignself) mad (against), give in marriage, [sing, be worthy of] praise, rage, renowned, shine.

1) to shine

a) (Qal) to shine (figurative of God's favor)

b) (Hiphil) to flash forth light

2) to praise, to boast, to be boastful

a) (Qal)

1) to be boastful

2) boastful ones, boasters (participle)

b) (Piel)

1) to praise

2) to boast, to make a boast

c) (Pual) to be praised, to be made praiseworthy, to be commended, to be worthy of praise

d) (Hithpael) to boast, to glory, to make one's boast

e) (Poel) to make a fool of, to make into a fool

f) (Hithpoel) to act madly, to act like a madman

5.TOWDAH -to-daw -To give worship by the extension of the hand in adoration or agreeing with what has been done or will be. This word is common- ly found in connection with sacrifice-applying the giving of thanks or praise as a sacrifice before reception or manifestation. Thanking God for something that I don't have in the natural. Agreeing with His Word - faith in His Word. This form of praise goes in operation just because His Word is true. "Father, I thank YOU that YOUR WORD is TRUE. As we raise our hearts and hands in praise to the Lord, it involves a sacrifice, especially if one is very sick in body. The carnal mind would fight and ridicule this particular action, but there is great faith in TOWDAH as praise. The lifting of the hand symbolizes agreement. The right hand symbolizes my covenant with my my Father. As I go through the scriptures, God is seen extending His Right Hand to me. That's the covenant. When He extends His right hand to me, He's saying to me - ALL THAT I AM IS YOURS, and when I extend my right hand to Him, I am saying "All that I am is yours and I agree with what You're saying. It is the sacrifice that God honors by His performing of miracles.

The ATTITUDE for TOWDAH is: I'm thanking God. I'm agreeing with God that it is as He says. I don't care what it looks like. I'm agreeing with what His Word says. Example: Father, I thank You that I am healed.

Scripture: Psalm 42:4, 50:23, Jer. 17:26

8426 towdah (to-daw'); from 3034; properly, an extension of the hand, i.e. (by implication) avowal, or (usually) adoration; specifically, a choir of worshippers: KJV-- confession, (sacrifice of) praise, thanks (-giving, offering).

confession, praise, thanksgiving

a) give praise to God

b) thanksgiving in songs of liturgical worship, a hymn of praise

c) a thanksgiving choir or a procession or a line or a company

d) a thank-offering, a sacrifice of thanksgiving

e) confession

6.ZAMAR - zaw-mar - To sing with instruments. To make music accompanied by the voice. One of the musical verbs for praise in the book of psalms. It carries the idea of making music in praise to God as in Psalm 92:1. The word ZAMAR also means to touch the strings, and refers to praise that involves instrumental worship as in Psalm 150. The one word is usually translated "sing praises".

2167 zamar (zaw-mar'); a primitive root [perhaps ident. with 2168 through the idea of striking with the fingers]; properly, to touch the strings or parts of a musical instrument, i.e. play upon it; to make music, accompanied by the voice; hence to celebrate in song and music: KJV-- give praise, sing forth praises, psalms.

to sing, to sing praise, to make music; (Piel)

1) to make music, to sing

2) to play a musical instrument

7.SHABACH - shaw-bakh - to address in a loud tone, a loud adoration, a shout! Proclaim with a loud voice, unashamed, the GLORY, TRIUMPH, POWER, MERCY, LOVE OF GOD. This word implies that testimony is praise. The phrase "shout unto the Lord" can be understood as the action of SHABACH. It is not just being loud. You should have the attitude of putting your whole being into it, an attitude of being totally uninhibited. Scripture: Psalm 117:1, 63:3-4

7623 shabach (shaw-bakh'); a primitive root; properly, to address in a loud tone, i.e. (specifically) loud; figuratively, to pacify (as if by words): KJV-- commend, glory, keep in, praise, still, triumph.

1) to soothe, to still, to stroke

a) (Piel) to soothe, to still

b) (Hiphil) stilling (participle)

2) to laud, to praise, to commend

a) (Piel)

1) to laud, to praise (God)

2) to commend, to congratulate (the dead)

b) (Hithpael) to boast

God Bless You

WE are to worship only the way that GOd tells us to worship, in His word and divine revelation that always lines up with His word. God is not about denominations. GOd wants our entire heart and our minds, and to live as HE commands us to live.

To praise as HE says to praise. All things we do must be in line with Gods word.

When we do that, we know we always do it with His full blessings.

Thanks for asking.

God bless you.

SFCU

Sister Shirley

Source(s): God, the Holy Bible and the Holy SPirit REMEMBER JESUS IS LORD.

Yep, sure is. Anything and everything we do can be a praise and worship of God. It's all in how we dedicate our lives.

Yes. There are many ways. Worship comes from the heart, and God knows our hearts better than we do. But people are all different and the outward expressions can vary alot.

• geoff

I think that one can worship/praise his/her god/gods every day in every place no matter what, who or where. Even Wednesday or Tuesday

Just look at the night sky, or the trees in the forest, or the lillies in the field, even the little bee visiting the flower, and say "wow. who could have thought of something like this other than God?"

Romans 14:5

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

I worship every day of the week. On Sunday, I do it corporately with a fellowship of believers. Sometimes Wednesdays if the opportunity arises.

YES! Jesuit tradition teaches us to see God in everything. Personally i love to praise God by just being out in his creation and appreciating that he made it for us.

Worship on Wednesday is not biblical and is found no place in scripture only in the minds of confused protie's or biblican elders who are trying to prove they are holy people of god

Yes every one has there own way to worship

I like to think that God can hear our prayers every time we close our eyes and think of all the things for which we're truly grateful. It shouldn't matter what building you thank Him in.