How does the body acquire active immunity to a disease without getting the disease?

a)by means of passive immunity

b)through vaccination

c)by means of the inflammatory response

d)through an allergic reaction

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

1-though vaccination if you are talking about active inmunity

or 2- passive inmunity which diminishes in a relatively short time, usually a few weeks or months

Definition of Active immunity

Active immunity: The production of antibodies against a specific agent by the immune system. Active immunity can be acquired in two ways:

* by contracting an infectious disease -- such as, for example, chickenpox; or

* by receiving a vaccination usually pe-- such as, for example, against polio.

Active immunity is permanent. The individual is protected from the disease all their life.

• 1 decade ago

There is no way to have active immunity to a disease without getting it, or small strain of it (which is vaccination). I think that the best response is B.

• 1 decade ago

Vaccination

• 1 decade ago

If your asking which one of thise. i would say B just because a vaccination is the disease your trying to prevent against, your getting avery small dose of it...either that or they are dead. Your body will build up an amunity to it and be able to defend your body against it when exposed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

a million. obtained immunity: utilising antibodies to stand up to particular ailment a. energetic immunity: very own antibodies i. organic: exposure to an infection agent. E.g. catching a chilly ii. man made: immunization. E.g. being immunized for vaccinated for polio b. passive immunity: waiting-made antibodies i. organic : maternal antibodies. E.g. antibodies flow the placenta into the foetus ii. man made: antibodies from different aspects. E.g. anti-tetanus injection 2. Innate immunity: genetic aspects

• Bridey
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

B. Vaccination.

• 1 decade ago

a vaccination which has parts of the virus in it and therefore the body does battle it but only in small portions

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.