Muslim people keep making rude comments to me because I'm left-handed.?

This is new to me, because growing up, nobody in my family made a big deal about it. I'm not committing a sin by being left-handed. My mom always encouraged me to eat with my right hand, because it's sunnah, which I do. The only thing I do with my left-hand is writing and cooking. But I am taking a Quran... show more This is new to me, because growing up, nobody in my family made a big deal about it. I'm not committing a sin by being left-handed. My mom always encouraged me to eat with my right hand, because it's sunnah, which I do. The only thing I do with my left-hand is writing and cooking. But I am taking a Quran class, and some people ask me things like, during your Quran class, doesn't your teacher tell you not to write with your left-hand? Or, how are you left-handed, didn't your mom teach you that's wrong?

Why are they saying such dumb things? And it realy upsets me, I'm not a bad Muslim just because I write with my left-hand. My family never said anything like that to me, EVER and I come from a very practicing Muslim family. My brother in law is an Aalim and my brother is also becoming one, I'm sure if I was comitting a huge sin, they would have told me from a long time ago.