Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer.?

i have windows xp and using windows media player 11

this comes up every time i want to play a dvd

I have try to download DIVX. But still having the same problem.

Can anyone please help me?!

I am using genuine Window XP home software. Jus dunno how come it couldnt play my DVD movie on the pc.. Anywhere i can update it? Or u mean, i have to buy another software to support this problem?? haiz...$$$$$$ again..

• Best Answer

Check regional code of the DVD you want to Play, Every country has a regional code, It won't play if it is not the same code as your DVD player.

This means Windows Media Player needs an outside codec to play this particular DVD (or, it seems, any DVD.) WMP (Windows Media Player) can play DVD's, yes, but this was never its intended purpose, so it's likely there's a few bugs with this.

I'd recommend getting a player designed for this purpose.

:)

you must have codecs for playing dvd in windows media player, but you have to buy it under microsoft...except for those who got windows vista ultimate....

ok for playing DIVX just try the 2 codecs Vista codec package and ffdshow, both works in xp also...

Install K-lite codec pack.

• Goffik

Try downoading the K-Lite codec pack. Worked for me.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_p...

Dear

Why don't you download VLC player.It plays almost all the formats.

Regds

Saleh Galiwala

Please visit my blog to find interesting computer tutorials and stuff

http://www.salehsblog.byethost13.com/wordpress