Can you believe this Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie G. Thompson to fight building the fence ?
The Amici will urge the Supreme Court to grant certiorari in the case. The petitioners, the Defenders of Wildlife and Sierra Club, allege that the Department of Homeland Security’s use of the waiver is unconstitutional.
Today’s notice of intent is being submitted by:
* Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS);
* Energy & Commerce Committee Chairman John Dingell (D-MI);
* Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers (D-MI);
* Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Chairman James Oberstar (D-MN);
* Education and Labor Committee Chairman George Miller (D-CA);
* Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter (D-NY)
* Veterans Affairs Chairman Bob Filner (D-CA);
* Intelligence Committee Chairman Silvestre Reyes (D-TX);
* Congressman Solomon Ortiz (D-TX);
* Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (D-CA);
* Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-CA);
* Congresswoman Susan Davis (D-CA);
* Congressman Raul M. Grijalva (D-AZ); and
* Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke (D-NY).