Can you believe this Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie G. Thompson to fight building the fence ?
Can someone please tell me why do these people not see drug and human smuggling as a serious crime ?Washington, DC - Today, Congressman Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS), Chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security led a group of 14 Members of Congress, including eight Committee Chairmen, in submitting a notice of intent to file an Amicus Curiae brief in the Defenders of Wildlife case (No. 07-1180). The brief, which will be filed by the end of the month, pertains to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff’s use of questionable waiver authority to skirt numerous federal laws in order to construct fencing along the southwest border.
The Amici will urge the Supreme Court to grant certiorari in the case. The petitioners, the Defenders of Wildlife and Sierra Club, allege that the Department of Homeland Security’s use of the waiver is unconstitutional.
Today’s notice of intent is being submitted by:
* Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS);
* Energy & Commerce Committee Chairman John Dingell (D-MI);
* Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers (D-MI);
* Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Chairman James Oberstar (D-MN);
* Education and Labor Committee Chairman George Miller (D-CA);
* Rules Committee Chairwoman Louise Slaughter (D-NY)
* Veterans Affairs Chairman Bob Filner (D-CA);
* Intelligence Committee Chairman Silvestre Reyes (D-TX);
* Congressman Solomon Ortiz (D-TX);
* Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (D-CA);
* Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-CA);
* Congresswoman Susan Davis (D-CA);
* Congressman Raul M. Grijalva (D-AZ); and
* Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke (D-NY).
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
They should all be thrown out of office!!!! and they are suppose to be representing us, i don't think so. guess I'll be sending alot of faxes and e-mails tomorrow. Thanks for the list.
- Lucky CharmLv 51 decade ago
Do you know how much costs to built the fence ???
Did you know that the Illegal Immigrants are jumping the fence ??? (I saw some pics, so is a true fact).
So, now.. Do you think is worth to built the fence ???
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Good! We need to save our environment. And why do we need a frence, it not like people cant go over it, or swim, or dig under it.