Natural remedies for a sinus infection?

I have a doozy of a sinus infection. I got sick with a fever/cold two weeks ago and then the past 5 days or so it turned into a severe sinus infection (yellow gunk) and my head clogged and I sleep all day. I've tried everything: vaporizer steamer with tea tree oil/eucaluptus oil/peppermint oil, saline in... show more I have a doozy of a sinus infection. I got sick with a fever/cold two weeks ago and then the past 5 days or so it turned into a severe sinus infection (yellow gunk) and my head clogged and I sleep all day.

I've tried everything: vaporizer steamer with tea tree oil/eucaluptus oil/peppermint oil, saline in the nose, saline/baking soda flushes, lysine (amino acid), high doses of vitamin C, probiotics, sleeping it off, extra zinc, drinking hot water with ginger in it, and now I'm on Bactrim (an antibiotic)

I don't feel like I'm getting better, not sure...maybe ever so slightly. I have my ears plugged, my head plugged and I go through tons of kleenex. My doc said something about oil of oregano drops on the tongue (I may try that).

any other ideas: no neti pots do not work for me. I also tried Sambucol (elderberry extract).