WOrld Of Warcraft Warrior Build?

Im going to to start playing WoW and ill be creating a dwarf warrior. Thing is i dont know what build to focus on? Arms, Fury, or Protection. I hear protection is good for tanking and that it is highly desired later for raids, but i usually enjoy putting out high damage or more DPS over tanking. So im looking for some pointers and help to give me more direction with my character.Also if someone could suggest a good server? that would be nice too.

*I am new to World of Warcraft so please excuse what may be stupid questions.

I will most likely not PvP much but do more PvE stuff, both solo and group.

Favorite Answer

you should really focus on fury and arms you can still tank just for the fact that when warriors hit 40+ they can use plate armor for tanking so u really dont need protection spells sense pl8 armor is a VERY high defense armor and shangdaris is a very well balanced server.

Fury warrior is fun (I raid with a level 70 dual wielder), but DW'ing is very gear intensive... I'd suggest Arms/fury with a good 2 hander for levelling... don't go full prot until 70, as you can still tank well up to then if you have a good tank set.

Learn to love Improved Slam rotations and Mortal strike, and you'll be putting out huge DPS numbers like no ones business

First I would focus on arms and fury. Since that warriors can wear lots of heavy armor you shouldnet need extra protection. It is all about balance, so when you get your money buy more armor since you won't use the protection skills and less money on your weapons at first. Since you want DPS I would focus on weapons that have fast attack and lots of power. Many items are enhanced. So go for the loot that has extra stamina boosts and get a shield with a good defense rating.

P.S: Welcome to WoW, I play a Blood Elf Paladin.

Hi,

I ve been playing warcraft for 1,5 years..Havent tried warrior yet but my boyfriend had one as his main and some of my friends do too..

tanks are essential for groups,so a tank will always find a slot for a dungeon/instance/raid..Dps usually cant.Because lots of warcrafters plays as a dps.

(I m a hunter btw,a dps..so I know)

Try wowwiki.com

that site has example talent tree builds and tips and good addons.

you can try allakhazam.com too(if I misspelled google it)

btw if u enjoy dps,u may try mage(very high dps) or hunter (goes a long way with arrows) too..

or shaman could be a nice choice..

hope u like wow and welcome to the azeroth =)

If you happen to come to nagrand server,you may whisper my hunter "Afush"

Luckily for you, your spec can be changed very easily for a small cost at any time. You don't want to spec protection for leveling, fury or arms is fine though. If you decide later to spec protection for tanking, you can always do that.

A good server is Proudmoore. My boyfriend has a Warrior. You should concentrate on Fury.

for lvling you would definately want to go for arms/fury build. personally i prefer dual-wielding as it can really do some nasty damage. don go for prot spec unless you are ready to raid. for those small 5man instances too, don bother doing prot spec. but, you must tank well. only changes to prot spec when you are ready to raid everyday, or, you are a bad tanker.

you could try going into fury and when you are done with the tree go into protection

the first one