Americans: Is McCain's Pastor more tollerable than Rev . Right?

McCain friend and spiritual advisor, Rev. John Hagee says: "The United States must join Israel in a pre-emptive military strike against Iran to fulfill God ’s plan for both Israel and the West… a biblically prophesied end-time confrontation with Iran, which will lead to the Rapture, Tribulation, and Second Coming of Christ."

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/28/hagee-mccain-e...

And the response we seem to be getting from the media and people is this:

Rev. John Hagee: We blow up Iran, because a cat shifting monkey told me.

The Media & people: Thats reasonable.

Rev. Wright: There is still racism in America.

The Media & people: WHAT! This is guy insane!

For those saying Hagee is not McCain's pastor, the question is about what they said NOT if he is anybody's pastor.

Poeple don't try to spin this, let's just focus on what Hagee and Wright said.

Favorite Answer

People see what they want to see, they're trying to take Obama out, so of course the only real thing they have is something the media put together.

There was little coverage of the whole transcript of what Rev. Wright really said and that he quoted an Ambassador concerning America's chickens coming home to roost. So I agree with your comments about the dialogue. It sounds kind of silly, but there is truth there.

The media has one goal and that's to sell stories and get to the truth LATER. That story aired for a week straight about Obama's pastor. You didnt' see any breaking news story about the TRUTH on CNN ( the whole transcript of what Rev. Wright really said). No it was only posted on Anderson Cooper's blog. How convenient.

Rev. Wright spoke of an Ambassodor's comments of the wrongs America had done against many ethnicities. He simply said you reap what you sow..which is what the Bible also says. The truth is just that..truth..By the way the Ambassodor was white..Oh so he's also racist against whites?

Regardless of the fact..McCain still endorsed a controversial figure..when Farrakhan spoke highly of Obama there was an outrage..and Obama had never even accepted an endorsement.

For the people who says Obama's pastor preached hate for 20 years..that's an assumption they're making.

I know these same people have said something dumb and I can also make the assumption they've been talking stupidity for a vast number of years. People change, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Rev. Wright served honorably in the military, has been invited to the White House, etc.

See I'm a woman who gets the whole story, not half the story and jump to conclusions. No matter who the candidate is..I don't believe everything I hear.

I don't believe in everything Wright has said but there is truth in some things he has said.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/21/the-full-sto...

Hagee's comments ARE at least equally outrageous as Wrights. (US invented AIDS "as a means of genocide against people of color")

BUT

Your question starts out with "Is McCain's Pastor ..." & in the next line you refer to Hagee as "McCain friend and spiritual advisor"

So don't accuse people of spinning for calling you on that BS!

If Hagee WAS McCain's "mentor & spiritual advisor" for 20 years, I would have just as much problem with McCain on that point as I have with Obama!

But Hagee was just a nutball preacher McCain felt the need to be nice to get his nutball followers to support him!

Did you read the article?

He's not McCain's spiritual adviser or friend. He just endorsed him. McCain went after his endorsement, but that doesn't mean he believes what the guy says; He's looking for votes.

I couldn't give a rat's behind who endorses who. I'm not electing either one of these "spiritual leaders". I vote for candidates based on the issues!

Wright got more attention because HE is racist and Anti-American!!! He didn't just say we have some work to do with race relations; he basically blamed "whitey" for all the ills of this country, and societal problems faced by the African American community in this country. How is that acceptable, or productive?

No one said Hagee isn't insane but he didn't condemn this country or a group of people in his crazed statement.

I can deal with crazy; Racist Anti-American that I can't stomach.

-----------------------------------------------------

I did focus on what each pastor said. I still am not as alarmed by Hagee's statements as I am with Wright's.

Your wording for your question suggested that McCain was close to this guy and he's not.

That's also why the Wright/Obama thing was more talked about. Obama actually attended that church for quite some time. Makes one wonder about Obama's feelings about this country.

We already know he thinks the "American Dream" is dead even though he and his wife are perfect example of how it isn't AND how far we have come when it comes to race relations in this country.

Everything you are saying is correct except for: The media AND the people. No, it's just the media and the ignorant are inclined to believe what they say. Reagan actually put laws into place to have only a certain number of Democrats on a news team. There could be as many Republicans as they want. The question is, "Will America forget in 4 or 8 years when our newly elected Democrat leaves office?"

Source(s): Look at history. It's a Yo-yo effect of the parties going back and forth. Republicans screw it up and a Democrat fixes it. Look who was in charge before and during the Great Depression! The cycle was broken.
  • iceman

Wow, good find .

Just like Mc the Cain his pastor is also a war lover. They are both dangerous for the worlds peace.

Regards.

The amusing thing about this question is the fact that who have no clue about who Senator McCain's pastor is.

McCain's pastor is Dan Yeary.

Edit: this is not spin. It is merely correcting your attempt to falsely portray McCain as believing as Hagee does.

Why do you liberals continue to call Hagee McCain's spiritual advisor, and why do you justify someone attending a church listening to racist hate speech for 20 years, by making the leap to call someone McCain's spiritual advisor, simply because that particular person backs McCain's campaign? This excuse is so old at this point.

Move on. We all know Hagee's opinions are radical, but he is not McCain's spiritual advisor, and McCain did not sit in his church and support his church for 20 years. There is no comparison to be made here.

Thank you m1a1mike for telling us who his actual minister is and providing the link to the article that states that his minister does not agree with homosexuality, but believes as Christians we should love them regardless. This is a big contrast to the hate speech from Rev. Wright. It is hilarious that someone gave mike a thumbs down for reporting the truth.

HELLO...you are telling us not to "spin" this, when you specifically allege in your question that Hagee is McCain's spiritual advisor? Come on, can you not see the irony in you telling us not to spin this?

• Dan

You are asking people not to spin their answers then you need to rephrase your question. John Hagee is NOT McCain's spiritual advisor as you have stated in your question. Please be honest in asking your questions and you will get much more civilized dialog in the answers...

I really don't care either way. Seriously, talking about their pastors is just mentally tiring. Nobody wins - except maybe the media.

I just don't care. Never really did. It's probably because I READ from various news sources as opposed to watching one freaking cable channel all day.

Rev Hagee is not John McCains pastor or spiritual advisor - he endorsed McCain because obviously he can't endorse a pro abortion candidate such as Hillay or Barack.

McCain doesn't attend Hagee's church nor has Hagee baptised his children.

what bothered me most about Wright was his bit about how the government turned black people into crack addicts by giving black people crack- yeah boy- i bet